Forum rules

The presence of an ad for services here, such as, but not limited to, Concealed Carry classes, does not imply that the BFA endorses, supports, or has vetted the instructor, agency, course, or content. See http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8028 for more.

Please refer to he Class/Event Posting Rules at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16733.
 Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author
Post subject: Re: NRA Basic Pistol reminder of blended learning-soon!
Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:56 pm
Once the transition period ends on May 15, 2016, the course will be taught in one manner only: the online portion administered by the NRA Learning Management System, followed by the instructor-led training. The packets then are officially expired on May 15th. It is my understanding that the NRA will purchase any unused course packets back from instructors. But I am skeptical.

Life/Benefactor NRA member, NRA Training Counselor, NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Recruiter; NRA RTBAV Instructor, Varmint Hunters Association member
Post subject: Re: NRA Basic Pistol reminder of blended learning-soon!
Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:54 pm
I am just catching up on this and I have not changed anything. My course remains 10 hours of face to face time. Using the NRA power points and books since I ordered several cases. I was not aware or told in the blended class that the NRA instructors were no longer allowed to teach this course. However, you still want me to teach the blended learning which most people can't even find online. So USCCA associate instructor I will be. NRA will be cut out completely. I am an endowment member and my wife is a life member. I am sure they will not be asking for anymore money from me. The money that came from my classes went to the NRA in memberships for students and donations to the ILA NRA group. Thats a few grand a year they will not realize from me. I am sad this did not come across my table earlier. I have been in school for the last 9 months and have not taught any classes. To come back and get up to speed again I am angered how NRA instructors have been left in the cold. There is always someone else looking for the cash donations out there. 35 years in the NRA I should have known better

When times are tough the difference is Guns and money.
 Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2