Forum rules

The presence of an ad for services here, such as, but not limited to, Concealed Carry classes, does not imply that the BFA endorses, supports, or has vetted the instructor, agency, course, or content. See http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8028 for more.

Please refer to he Class/Event Posting Rules at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16733.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: CHL classes taugh in 4 hours x2 days
Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:03 am
I have recently returned to Ohio after an absence of nearly 40 years so I have no personal contacts in the shooting community. Along with other activities, I wish to obtain a CHL. I have a family member who requires assistance and would like to find a class that doesn't require me to be away for 8 hours or more. I would like to take a class that features detailed instruction on the law. I would appreciate and information members can provide.
Post subject: Re: CHL classes taugh in 4 hours x2 days
Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:39 pm
Where are you located?

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:28 pm
Yes, please put a general location in your profile, it will be helpful for all sorts of questions.

Welcome!

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:57 pm
rshadoe:

I see you got signed in.... (I get to see those e-mails :D.)

Welcome aboard!

There's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that you should have a look at, but it's not mandatory. It probably is sleep-inducing, though :D.... (You don't have to go past the first couple pages.) Just an idea of who's here, and how this place works.

The location stuff is on the "User Control Panel". Holler if you need help (right here is fine).

OH now permits "online" courses for a good chunk of the time required for the courses. Unless your spouse/Significant Other and/or neighbors are very tolerant, the "range" portion has to be on a real range of some sort.

IAC, we've got a bunch of instructors on board, and I'm sure some of them are splitting course time the way you would like, or something similar. I think mine (back in 2004) was two six hour "shifts" (afternoons), including two hours worth of range time. The class time is shorter now, and the "online" option probably can help you out, too.

Now, if I could only talk my wife into getting a CHL.... Or my daughter....

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:39 pm
Thanks! Sorry, I am rather new to forums in general. I currently reside in N Olmstead while my wife and I are home hunting. We are looking for a property where we can set up a range.
Last edited by rshadoe on Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:46 pm
Thank you for your welcomes. I am looking forward to become active politically as well as a shooter. I have done a great deal of studying and testing online, but I am very much interested in getting a deep and clear understanding of the law. An interactive class experience with an attorney attracts me.I have some small experience and skill with handguns, and train as much and as often as possible.
Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:58 pm
rshadoe wrote:
Thanks! Sorry, I am rather new to forums in general. I currently reside in N Olmstead while my wife and I are home hunting. We are looking for a property where we can set up a range.

You may know this already, but: Seems that all villages and cities in Ohio have ordinances prohibiting discharge of firearms except for defensive purposes. Townships cannot make such laws for the most part.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:46 pm
So I have been told. We are seeking a property outside of incorporated areas or in a township. Somewhere that a 180 degree 20-30 meter range can be set up safely. I tire of LASER training.
Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:24 pm
I have found a 3 hours X 3 days class at Select Fire Training Center in Berea. They look like a substantial outfit.
Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:06 am
SMMAssociates wrote:
rshadoe:

I see you got signed in.... (I get to see those e-mails :D.)

Welcome aboard!

There's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that you should have a look at, but it's not mandatory. It probably is sleep-inducing, though :D.... (You don't have to go past the first couple pages.) Just an idea of who's here, and how this place works.

The location stuff is on the "User Control Panel". Holler if you need help (right here is fine).

OH now permits "online" courses for a good chunk of the time required for the courses. Unless your spouse/Significant Other and/or neighbors are very tolerant, the "range" portion has to be on a real range of some sort.

IAC, we've got a bunch of instructors on board, and I'm sure some of them are splitting course time the way you would like, or something similar. I think mine (back in 2004) was two six hour "shifts" (afternoons), including two hours worth of range time. The class time is shorter now, and the "online" option probably can help you out, too.

Now, if I could only talk my wife into getting a CHL.... Or my daughter....

Regards,

I didn't know about this, I'm kind of in the same boat as the OP i take care of my grandfather so i could take the classroom portion of the CHL/CCW online that would help me out greatly...

Do you happen to know of the site that offers this?

Thanks,

Cobra
Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:25 am
Cobra:

Welcome Aboard if I haven't hit you with the boilerplate....

I'm not sure if this has been implemented yet, but it's coming.... Somebody here should know.

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]