Forum rules

The presence of an ad for services here, such as, but not limited to, Concealed Carry classes, does not imply that the BFA endorses, supports, or has vetted the instructor, agency, course, or content. See http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8028 for more.

Please refer to he Class/Event Posting Rules at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16733.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
Author
Post subject: scenario based force on force training
Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:54 pm
I am interested in scenario based force on force training from a verifiable bona fide source. Training that utilizes firearms simulators, but at times incorporates "other weapons," and empty hand techniques. I am also interested in marksmanship improvement training from a similar source. I am experienced in firearms safety and handling, and have received previous instruction from respected individuals. Must be located in Ohio, ideally not more than 1 hour's drive from West Salem.
Post subject: Re: scenario based force on force training
Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:08 am
If you can't find a trainer/facility that fits those requirements, get like-minded friends together and start doing it yourselves. With air soft you don't need an actual range w/backstop. Sane with the "other weapons", and empty hands.

"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09
Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:49 am
rshadoe wrote:
I am interested in scenario based force on force training from a verifiable bona fide source. Training that utilizes firearms simulators, but at times incorporates "other weapons," and empty hand techniques. I am also interested in marksmanship improvement training from a similar source. I am experienced in firearms safety and handling, and have received previous instruction from respected individuals. Must be located in Ohio, ideally not more than 1 hour's drive from West Salem.

We can do that. We use air soft and/or simunition depending on the training location. We also use shock knife, inert OC and can accommodate empty hand skills to include grappling. Shoot me an email or give me a call and we can talk more.

[email protected]
330-887-2445

-Andrew

Stay Safe, Andrew

To whom much is given much is expected

http://apexshooting.com

https://www.facebook.com/ApexShootingTactics
Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:54 pm
Brian D. thank you for the suggestion. I have half of a 30'x100' pole barn to play with that could be turned into an adaptable airsoft/simunitions shoot house. I am considering turning it into an indoor pistol range as well. I just need to find a practical, affordable way to install a backstop. Having just returned to Ohio after living in the expat community in California, I have yet to accumulate a community of friends who would be interested, but I am sure I shall. I also have a backyard range out to 200 meters. I have found past force on force training humbling and very educational. As far as hand to hand training, I am cautious because realistic techniques are hard to practice without causing injuries or worse. “Anything will work at half speed and half force. Most things will work at 3/4 speed and 3/4 force, A surprising number of things will work at 7/8 speed and 7/8 force, but almost nothing will work at full speed and full force.” – Ralph Mroz, police officer, fighter with empty hands and weapons, writer. The JKD techniques I have studied are all intended to cause severe incapacitating harm.
Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:56 pm
Andrew my wife has been in hospital and I shall be in touch. My experience with past force on force training has been very humbling, surprising and educational.
 Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]