Got a case feeder for my press so far so good with the first 5k rounds

Attachments:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 421.58 KiB | Viewed 6107 times ]

lots of black rifles, way too many hand guns, and motorcycles
Post subject: Re: Case feeder
Post Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:52 am
centurynick:

Congrats! I've been trying to talk myself into a case feeder for for a bit over 3 years now, but I kept on buying a new caliber a year :D.... (About the same price, not to mention adding parts to the case feeder for the new calibers if I'd bought the feeder.)

Someday....

Meantime, though, enjoy! Lots of fun. I lucked out. After kicking this around for about 40 years, I bit the bullet (so to speak) in October 2012, right before the market went nuts again with Zero's re-election. Saved a lot of money and learned a lot about "working up" loads, etc. Looks like I may be glad again.... (Finding components got interesting for a while.)

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:05 pm
i have a powder cop but i still like to visually look inside the case and drop a bullet ontop of the case . thats the only reason i havent added the bullet feeder yet. besides i dont shoot that much .........well in my eyes i dont

lots of black rifles, way too many hand guns, and motorcycles
Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:32 am
centurynick:

I'd love a bullet feeder. Then I could hire a monkey to pull the lever and save a lot of work :D.... I think I could rent one of my great-nieces.... Another couple of years, and I bet they'd pay me to take her :mrgreen: .... Actually, the closest one is in Pittsburgh, and just turned two. Little boy, too.... (The aforementioned little girl is about eight.)

I think all of my nieces and nephews, and their spawn, were born with prison ID numbers already in place. The two older boys, now 40 and about 35, showed up one day with a couple of toy guns that I had to verify (no orange tips in those days). Just cap guns, but one looked enough like my PPK/S....

Anyhow.... I used to shoot a lot more, too. My regular shooting buddy and I seem to spend more time shooting the bull than bullets these days if nobody shows up. Couple weeks ago, we didn't fire a shot! I'm not saving as much as I used to on that basis, but at least I don't feel guilty about sending all that expensive lead downrange either way.

And, I try to keep a bunch of loaded rounds, just in case some targets beg....

Agreed, too, on being able to double-check the powder. In many cases a few grains of powder is all that's needed, and an old blackpowder case can easily take ten times as much, you want to keep an eye on things :D . I've actually had a couple of squibs - no powder at all, or about a half-charge. Some serious common sense (two of them put a bullet into the barrel) and more red-faces, but nothing spectacular. Mostly, though, no powder at all.

(Don't find an otherwise loaded case in the "done" pile without a primer. Or at least don't try to prime it again. Odds are that a good deal of the powder is on the work table someplace.)

Regards,

Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם
Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:31 pm
Attachment:
Untitled22.jpg
Untitled22.jpg [ 52.42 KiB | Viewed 6012 times ]

I picked up the same flag for my reload room from the bash last year.

”No law ever prevented a crime.”
 Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]