Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
Interested in joining a new advocacy group?
yes 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
no 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5
Author
Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:26 pm
I sent the following to the BFA. Also understand they don't seem too interested in real advocacy or these forums. When I got my CHL here in Ohio I noticed a somewhat lackadaisical attitude from these boys and the vaunted attorney who claims to be the authority on gun rights... he yawned and droned on for an eternity during the time I wasted at that facility that shall remain nameless.
-------------------------------
Why in the world are you endorsing Mike DeWine? His record on guns is dismal. He pays lip service to it. I was privy to some conversations while chauffeuring a party big wig for a couple months at the end of last year and can vouch that he and his cohorts have no intention of keeping typical election "promises" or stopping all this misguided legislation being introduced. Kasich is cut from the same cloth. Complete A-holes who will say anything to stay in office or get those cushy corporate sellout jobs afterwards. Someone hinted you [BFA] may be on the take at that last Statehouse rally that was attended by hickock45 and others. I know for a fact that you are.
Post subject: Re: DeWine?
Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:38 pm
HowardLuken wrote:
I sent the following to the BFA. Also understand they don't seem too interested in real advocacy or these forums. When I got my CHL here in Ohio I noticed a somewhat lackadaisical attitude from these boys and the vaunted attorney who claims to be the authority on gun rights... he yawned and droned on for an eternity during the time I wasted at that facility that shall remain nameless.
Why in the world are you endorsing Mike DeWine? His record on guns is dismal. He pays lip service to it. I was privy to some conversations while chauffeuring a party big wig for a couple months at the end of last year and can vouch that he and his cohorts have no intention of keeping typical election "promises" or stopping all this misguided legislation being introduced. Kasich is cut from the same cloth. Complete A-holes who will say anything to stay in office or get those cushy corporate sellout jobs afterwards. Someone hinted you [BFA] may be on the take at that last Statehouse rally that was attended by hickock45 and others. I know for a fact that you are.

There are plenty of other advocacy groups in Ohio. Ohioans for Concealed Carry is the longest running and they stand for their members a lot more than BFA does.
Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:20 pm
JediSkipdogg wrote:
HowardLuken wrote:

There are plenty of other advocacy groups in Ohio. Ohioans for Concealed Carry is the longest running and they stand for their members a lot more than BFA does.

That is not saying much.
Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:30 pm
On January 12, 2018, in the case of Virginia Duncan, Et Al., Plaintiffs–Appellees, v. Xavier Becerra, In His Official Capacity as Attorney General of The State of California, a Brief of Eighteen States filed an Amici Curiae in Support of Plaintiffs-Appellees. In that brief the eighteen States stated and made clear that:

Quote:
“The Second Amendment guarantees “the individual right … to carry weapons in case of confrontation”—that is, to “‘wear, bear, or carry … upon the person or in the clothing or in a pocket, for the purpose … of being armed and ready for offensive or defensive action in a case of conflict with another person.’” District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570, 584, 592 (2008).”

Eighteen states including Mike DeWine agree that the Feds and the States have no authority to regulate the bearing of arms, period.

Does BFA have a signed pledge by Mike DeWine supporting and defending the above statement he signed onto, including a pledge to veto any legislation that interferes with the above statement?

BFA doesn’t have any pledge from DeWine. And BFA knows that DeWine will stab them in the back. Yes, stab, DeWine is afraid of guns.
Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:00 pm
What's amazing is when you search BFA's own website and find article after article bashing Dewine some pretty much saying like you'd be an idiot to even consider Dewine. Those were not too damn long ago. And now POOOF! Magically he is their man. No thanks.
Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:44 pm
OhioLoaded wrote:
What's amazing is when you search BFA's own website and find article after article bashing Dewine some pretty much saying like you'd be an idiot to even consider Dewine. Those were not too damn long ago. And now POOOF! Magically he is their man. No thanks.

Exactly... https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/are-gun ... ine-thinks

This group has been compromised by Soros and other's money. It's all a twisted little club the toadies that run the world. DeWine is just another sell out with a Napoleon complex, that horrid little man.
Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:55 am
I'm so bothered by both of our Choices. BFA endorses Dewine based on his voting record, but I'm getting emails from other Ohio gun groups like OGO, saying Dewine refuses to fill out their questionnaire and has video of Henne (author of HB585) supporting Dewine.

However, MT's campaign is lying saying that the NRA gives Dewine an F rating when the NRA site is a B. I don't like being lied to either. I don't feel like I can trust either of the candidates and Dewine certainly has a record going both ways.

GaugedFreak
Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:12 pm
One thing I know for sure if you like lip service Mike's your boy.

Several years ago the company I was employed at was out on a sanctioned labor strike.
Mr. Dewine was passing by, then stopped in to talk with union officers and rank&file
members. He promised a lot, produced zip.

My personal opinion, Bottom line not enough votes for him to waste his "TIME"
on such small numbers. So tell them what they want to hear and then move on!

So Mote It Be.
Aging is not for the timid
NRA Benefactor Member
Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:55 am
I really dont know who to vote for here, Taylor or DeWine. Im just kinda shocked BFA would throw its support behind DeWine. I usually use this group as a foundation as to who I will vote for but not this time. I dont think Taylor has a chance in hell truthfully. Cant count on OFCC since they banned me long ago for calling them out on their BS.

I would really like an explanation from BFA as to how they arrived at this endorsement.

- Tim

Sig Sauer P226R . 40 (Duty gun)
Glock 27 Gen4 .40 (Backup/CCW gun)
Glock 26 Gen4 9mm (Wife's gun)
Smith & Wesson M&P15OR
Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:20 am
Now that Dewine is the guy and if he gets elected in November BFA better hold his feet to the fire.

On January 12, 2018, in the case of Virginia Duncan, Et Al. v. Xavier Becerra, in the State of California, eighteen States filed an Amici Curiae Brief, in Support of Virginia Duncan, in which they made clear that:

‘“The Second Amendment guarantees “the individual right … to carry weapons in case of confrontation”’ — that is, to “‘wear, bear, or carry … upon the person or in the clothing or in a pocket, for the purpose … of being armed and ready for offensive or defensive action in a case of conflict with another person.” District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570, 584, 592 (2008).”’

Eighteen states including the Attorney General of Ohio, Mike DeWine, agree that the Feds and the States have no authority to regulate the bearing of arms, period.
Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:20 pm
The decision to back the Dewine/Husted ticket was not an easy one...believe me! Suffice it to say, there were folks on the endorsement committee who were only willing to back the Husted portion of the ticket. While it is easy to sit back and "armchair quarterback" the current political situation in Ohio, it can be significantly more difficult to see "the long game" under certain circumstances. Harken to the controversial Strickland endorsement. There were those who could not come to terms with the fact that BFA endorsed a Democrat. While in office, he signed the single largest piece of pro gun legislation ever enacted by a state in the history of the union...SB184, our "Castle Doctrine" (among other things). Only after LOSING the Ohio Governors office did he renounce his pro gun stance, in an effort to preserve his political career with party backing (tow the line or else).

While Dewine may not be a shining example of 2A advocacy, and his past record in congress leaves much to be desired... his actions more recently have shown a significant change in the RKBA arena. Is he the perfect candidate for us? No, he is not. Will Husted keep him on the right track? Through personal assurances from Jon himself, I believe so. Will we look back on this and regret the moves we made in the chess game we call politics... that remains to be seen. We are presented with hard choices each election cycle. We make decisions based on MANY things.

Quote:
BFA endorses Dewine based on his voting record, but I'm getting emails from other Ohio gun groups like OGO, saying Dewine refuses to fill out their questionnaire and has video of Henne (author of HB585) supporting Dewine.

GuagedFreak... Dewine may not have taken the time to fill out OTHER state level organizations surveys, but he DID fill out ours. I helped grade him.

Quote:
Someone hinted you [BFA] may be on the take at that last Statehouse rally that was attended by hickock45 and others. I know for a fact that you are.

HowardLuken... I happen to know who the hold out vote came from on this endorsement. So, that being said, I'm extremely interested in the facts that lead you to believe that I, ME, AARON KIRKINGBURG is on the take? So if you truly "know for a fact you are" I challenge you to prove it to ME sir. Not simply banter about in the forums throwing around accusations.

...and by the way, I will be evermore present here in the forums moving forward.

Quote:
Also understand they don't seem too interested in real advocacy or these forums.

A recent change in my life is going to allow me to invest the time necessary to, hopefully, bring some energy back to this place :wink:

Please keep the grumbling civil, and try not to bash us too bad in our own forums :egrin:

Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10
Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:34 pm
You don’t think that DeWine is behind HB 585? It would not surprise me if he drafted it. It is his style just like the poison pills in HB 203 when he was conducting “gun violence” meetings in 2011. I still think he was the one behind the poison pills in HB 203.

Why do you think the fake Republicans want to push it through before the election? I think it is so DeWine will have plausible deniability while he is enforcing the hell out of it.

Will BFA openly tell DeWine to use his political clout to stop HB 585 or loose BFA’s endorsement?

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.
Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:08 pm
Ohio gun rights could expand under so-called ‘stand your ground’ law

https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/local-education/ohio-gun-rights-could-expand-under-called-stand-your-ground-law/9paHjNSNz5uFgEr3PUZGbN/

This newspaper asked Ohio’s governor candidates to weigh in on the Stand Your Ground bill in the Ohio House.

Richard Cordray (D): “I agree with law enforcement and prosecutors that this bill would make it harder for them to do their jobs and keep Ohioans safe. It is well known that I respect and support the rights of responsible gun owners. At the same time, I believe we need to pursue measures to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill, and we need to improve safety in our communities, churches, and schools.”

Mike DeWine (R): “This bill is still going through the legislative process, but I support the Second Amendment and believe that Ohioans who are threatened with injury or death have the right to stand their ground and defend their lives and property.”

Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10
Site Admin
 Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]