Sheriffs issues lately...URGENT response if you can help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheriffs issues lately...URGENT response if you can help

We've become aware (over the past few weeks) of multiple counties failing to meet their legal requirement regarding processing of CHL applications during this crisis. BFA has issued a letter and made direct phone calls to several county Sheriffs with mixed results.

Hamilton
    Clermont
    Warren
    Butler
    Trumbull

These counties have all bee contacted by BFA in regard to how they are handling new license applications, prior to my discovery of what is going on locally in the two primary counties students taking MY classes are dealing with.

Muskingum

Applicants were told the Sheriff is accepting applications and documents, but they are not currently being processed. I made our legislative committee aware of this and Sheriff Lutz was directly contacted last week. He assured us applications WERE INDEED being processed, however that is not what applicants are being told by the deputy accepting the paperwork. If anyone knows of individuals who have submitted their paperwork in Muskingum county, and have not received their license as of the required 45 day mark PLEASE get in contact with me!

Licking

Evidently, as of January 1st 2020 they have started requiring a birth certificate, passport, or alien registration documents along with the documents that ARE required by Ohio law, in order to process applications. This is contrary to the ORC and therefore illegal. Sheriffs cannot make up their own requirements in addition to those laid out by our state legislature. The Ohio AG's office has been made aware of the issues in each county we knew about as of this time last week. I'm asking anyone aware of other counties restricting access to CHL applicants to PLEASE let us know ASAP!

Look for some REALLY good momentum behind the push for Constitutional Carry this session! If the current debacle is not enough of a "reason" for Ohio to FINALLY pass CC then I don't know what is...

Aaron
    Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10
Working...
X