ccw permit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccw permit

does anyone know if trumbull or mahoning county sheriff's office uses the same data base for your ccw permit as they do when they check you when you buy a gun thanks in advance

All Sheriffs in Ohio are REQUIRED by law to do a NICS check on new applicants along with renewals Jim....
    Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

They also check Ohio's BCI database for additional things that NICS does not show since the restrictions for getting your concealed handgun license are more strict than the requirements for purchasing a firearm.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Comment

• jim minarish
      jim minarish commented
      Editing a comment
      so the state's bci check should be the same for each person wanting a ccw permit as it is for to get a gun as it is on the federal check to get a gun

so the state's bci check should be the same for each person wanting a ccw permit as it is for to get a gun as it is on the federal check to get a gun
    If I understand what you are asking, no. Just because you are able to buy a gun from a dealer and pass that background check does not mean you are able to pass the background check to get a concealed handgun license. The background check for a concealed handgun license is more strict than the one to purchase a gun from a dealer.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Comment

• jim minarish
      jim minarish commented
      Editing a comment
      what mean by the question is no prison or county time for a conviction

Jim, give me a call so I can discuss this with you in more detail. I believe I can answer your questions more accurately having a discussion. I will send you my cell # in a PM.
    Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

• jim minarish
      jim minarish commented
      Editing a comment
      i will call you tomorrow i got a bit busy today thanks

Nice chatting with you Jim...let us know how it goes!

Comment

• jim minarish
      jim minarish commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for the info you gave me this morning

• jim minarish
      jim minarish commented
      Editing a comment
      i went and applied today in trumbull county for my ccw and i will get them in one to two weeks in the mail thanks for all the info you gave me

another quick question with my ccw will i be able to have my 9mm on the outside of my waist

Comment

another quick question with my ccw will i be able to have my 9mm on the outside of my waist

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Yes
          thanks

Comment

i got ,my ccwpermit today in the mail

Comment

Congrats! Glad you got it done :-)

Comment

Working...
            X