Hard to get appointment near Cleveland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to get appointment near Cleveland

My cousin lives in Parma and said she can’t get appointment with Sheriff in Cuyahoga county nor any surrounding county until January. That’s nuts. I’m in Union county and got in 3 weeks. I’d like to think it’s because so many are flooding them with CHL requests but doubt that’s why. Anyways, anyone know if they added even more extensions to the expirations on licenses or are you just out of luck?

Legislation extended the grace period on expirations through the end of the yr, or 90 days from end of lockdown. I am not aware of any other extensions or pending legislation. I'm assuming she is doing a renewal also?
    Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Renewals are grandfathered in for 90 days into next yr... per the legislation passed through the general assembly.
      Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
        Renewals are grandfathered in for 90 days into next yr... per the legislation passed through the general assembly.
        That's not quite correct. The legislation that was passed extended licenses that expire during the declared emergency to remain valid until 90 days after the end of the emergency or December 1, 2020, whichever is *earlier*.
        Christian, Husband, Father
        NRA Life Member
        NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
        NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I read the new bill as saying you now get a 90 day grace period instead of 30 days if your license expired from March and beyond. However if you can’t get an appointment until January 2021 your grace period will be well over. Am I reading this wrong?

Comment

No, you aren't reading it wrong. Unless they change something, if you have to wait till January 2021 to renew, you will be out of the grace period regardless.
            NRA Life Member

Comment

Nuts. I was wrong. It looks like I had an old version or something, but the 90 days starts at the CHL's expiration date. Hat tip to Rodney for setting me straight.
              NRA Life Member

Comment

My hope is we can finally get the momentum for Constitutional Carry. Maybe this conundrum will finally be the catalyst... and put an end to this type of SNAFU once and for all. Then CHL's will be mainly for reciprocity purposes and no one would have to "worry" about expiration dates when carrying to defend themselves, here in the home state at least.

Comment

i heard lake county is backed up also. how long i do not know with the back up

Comment

Working...
                  X