License application question ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License application question ?

I was looking at the license application today and I see it asks for all of your former addresses from the age of 18 to present. I moved around quite a bit in my 20's and 30's and have no clue what dates I was at each residence. Is there some way of being positive about this?

If I guess it and get it wrong won't that make a bunch of trouble for me? And to be honest I can't remember all the addresses either. Streets yes. House numbers and zip codes not so much.
    Proud Member of the NRA, Crossbow Nation, Buckeye Firearms Association, Ohio Freedom Alliance

So! This is how liberty dies...With thunderous applause.

I had the same problem. I just put down what I could remember, Street name, City, State, and approx dates I lived there and had no problem at all. If you know the exact address great, but if not just put down what you can remember. I even just listed the Army Posts and dates for my time in the there even though I had several off post addresses in several surrounding communities.
    Don M
    U S Army Veteran 84-91
    OFCC Patron Member
    NRA Member
    ORPA Member
    BFA Forums Member
    WVCDL Member

Comment

Buckeye Dan,

You need not have a perfect memory nor does the application hold you responsible for one. If the application hasn't changed since it was first designed, Sect. VI states "THE UNDERSIGNED MUST ATTEST TO THE FOLLOWING: . . . (4) The information contained in this application and all attached documents are true and correct TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE (writer's emphasis).

Greg in Hinckley
      "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves". - Edward R. Murrow

Comment

Yes, fill it out to the best of your knowledge.
        NRA Member
        NRA Certified Instructor
        NRA Range Safety Officer
        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Thats what I did as well. I had 11 different addresses since I was 18.
          The Hail to Glory is not a One Shot Kill but For the RedMist That Follows a Well Placed Bullet

An armed society is a polite society

Comment

I just filled out my application yesterday and had the same problem. I went to : http://www.zabasearch.com/ and got my old addresses (also a good website if youre a stalker :shock: ) and just guessed approximately when I lived there. I am positive my dates were not accurate, but they were close. I received my CCW card the next day (today) without any trouble.

Good luck.
            jeff

Comment

My wife had the same situation and was approved with no problems. She just put the dates and street/city names to the best of her knowlege. We got our CCL's in 15 days.
              We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Μολὼν λαβέ
              Res Ipsa Loquitur

Comment

Get your Experian Credit report. If its as good as mine was last year it'll have most of your previous addresses (no dates though)
                Ohio Constitution.
                § 1.04 Bearing arms; standing armies; military powers (1851)
                The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security...

Comment

Hi everyone,
                  I think am too late for posting on this thread but I wanted to share my experience. I am addicted to reading blogs and articles related to spying and tracking. As I was going through such stuff, I came across these amazing websites if you need to look for someone's address by their names

TruePeopleSearch ZabaSearch Website I really hope this will help you.
                  Last edited by Julia Roberts; 08-02-2019, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Hello Julia, welcome to the forum. If those sites you linked to are legit, (I will check), thanks for sharing. Hope you realize that this thread was dormant for ten years until you posted on it. The thing is, we get lots of spammers signing up here and they become quite the nuisance. Hoping that is not the case with you.

Comment

These requirements have been removed from the Ohio CHL application... it is no longer an issue!
                      Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                        These requirements have been removed from the Ohio CHL application... it is no longer an issue!
                        Considering the OP would now 2 renewals beyond the one in question, I hope they figured it out... LOL
                        Christian, Husband, Father
                        NRA Life Member
                        NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
                        NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Comment

Agreed, nothing like resurrecting a 10yr old thread...LOL
                          Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Working...
                          X