This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA Non-Resident renewal

I understand that next year PA will no longer take permits apps by mail. What about renewals after that date? Must they also be done in person?

Bumpus
    All bleeding stops....eventually

Thats ODD-ASS to you, thank you very much!

Bumpus:

Looks likely that you'd have to appear in person.... Part of the game is getting the "system" converted to a photo-ID sort of thing like OH uses, and apparently they won't just "assemble" them from our picture. Probably would have been easy enough, but....

(IMHO, too, it's yet another "infringement" thing.)

We probably need to survey what Counties in PA will take non-resident walk-ins - I've been hearing that some won't....

I plan on driving to Center County if they'll have me - it's a good hundred miles, but I kinda owe them ....

Failing that, I'm "adjacent" to about four PA Counties, and "close enough" to about a dozen more. I just don't want to burn the extra fuel.

Regards,
    <t>Stu<br><br>(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)<br><br>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE<br><br>יזכר לא עד פעם</t>

Comment

Re: walk-in
      Jefferson County, Brookville, PA accepts walk-ins and issues a laminated LTCF with picture and has for several years. Brookville is located at the 78 mile marker on I-80 You do need a valid Ohio CHL
      Korean War Vet
      Member of NRA, DAV. AMVETS

Comment

bionicskip:

Thanks!

I think we'll move your post someplace and make a sticky out of this, but I gotta figure out where ....

Regards,
        <t>Stu<br><br>(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)<br><br>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE<br><br>יזכר לא עד פעם</t>

Comment

Jefferson Co Sheriff's Office is 165 miles for me but at lest I'll know I'm welcome.
          "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution
          NRA
          NRA R.S.O.
          GSSF
          G23
          GLOCK Certified Armorer
          USCCA

Comment

Jefferson Co Sheriff's Office is 165 miles for me but at lest I'll know I'm welcome.

What's the county seat of Jefferson County?

Comment

Brookville is the county seat of Jefferson County
              Korean War Vet

Comment

Brookville is the county seat of Jefferson County

Wow, that's a surprise. I never heard of Brookville and I'm FROM PA. It's up there in the part of the state where there are many more deer than people. Huge national forest and big state forests up there, plus state game lands.

Comment

I have hunted in Northern Jefferson County for 50 plus years and it's all up hill!! It is heavily wooded and a beautiful area. Our camp is located just South of the Cook Forest State park.
                  Korean War Vet

Comment

Brings a tear to my eye :cry: , my first possible sticky!
                    All bleeding stops....eventually

Thats ODD-ASS to you, thank you very much!

Comment

Bumpus:

I just made this one sticky....

The rest of the mods may want to move this thread to someplace more appropriate, and maybe X-out some of the chaff (like this post ), but IMHO, it's a good idea to start it. We have a lot of guys with PA non-resident paper....

Regards,

Comment

That's appreciated Stu. Would be great for those of us who already live 200+ miles from a Pa. border crossing to find out where the nearest carry-friendly county government in the Keystone State is located.

Won't be the end of the world for me in 2013 if I gotta travel into Pennsylvania a ways to do the renewal, but I sure wouldn't want to show up someplace where the sheriff makes the process a pain.

Comment

I may be mistaken, but I seem to remember seeing that the mail in renewals don't end until 2011. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Comment

EMPJohn:

You're correct....

Brian:

SH.... I'm trying to hide under my rock while I figure out how to handle this :mrgreen:....

We do need it....

Regards

Comment

I don't have any idea or a good map of PA.

Where is Centre County and what is the county seat?

I would REALLY like to stick with Sheriff Nau if I can, he has been good to many for years.

From this edge of Ohio it is going to be a LONG run no matter what.

Buckshot
                              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                              Copyright as of date of post
                              All rights reserved by author

Comment

Working...
                              X