No announcement yet.

2012 3rd Qtr. Ohio Attorney General CHL Stats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBTW My workbook estimates that the total man(person)-years of legal CHL experience in Ohio through June 2014 is 1,853,446.
    AlanM
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
    Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
    If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Comment

Thanks you, Alan!

I really appreciate your effort in this.
      This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed!

It will become a recovery when Obama loses his job.

Living in the Obamination. Μολών Λαβέ

Comment

One more thing. Using 7.5 million as the number of Ohio adults 461,816 represents a CHL rate of 6.16%.
        Does anyone have an accurate number of people ELIGIBLE to acquire an Ohio CHL?
        AlanM
        There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
        Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
        If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Comment

The 2010 Census lists Ohioans age 21 and older as 8,305,392 from a total population of 11,536,504 (71.99%).

The US Census bureau lists 2013 population as 11,570,808, a 0.3% increase. Applying the same 71.99% percentage yields an estimated 8,330,088 number of adults age 21 and older. Thus 461,816 CHLs are 5.5% of the adult population.

I am not aware of any good way to estimate the number of convicted felons over age 21 to adjust the numbers accordingly. However, since there are about 51,500 prisoners in Ohio prisons today, even guesstimating that there are 5 felons released for every felon imprisoned only changes the estimate by a few tenths of a percent.
          This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed!

It will become a recovery when Obama loses his job.

Living in the Obamination. Μολών Λαβέ

Comment

Working...
          X