No announcement yet.

Alien Gear Holster (review)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I don't own one, a LEO friend of mine ordered and tells me it's the most comfortable holster he's ever owned. Ugh...at half the price of my super tuck IWB by crossbreed holsters....

Should I stay (with crossbreed) or should I go (to Allen the Alien)??
    "But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you ... it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
    -- Dalai Lama

Comment

The Alien Gear holster is real nice not only the way it holds the weapon but the price. Now don't expect it overnight. Mine took about 5 weeks but I think it was worth the wait.

Comment

Although I don't own one, a LEO friend of mine ordered and tells me it's the most comfortable holster he's ever owned. Ugh...at half the price of my super tuck IWB by crossbreed holsters....

Should I stay (with crossbreed) or should I go (to Allen the Alien)??

Personally I think the crossbreed is a nicer holster, it's just not nice enough to justify the extra money.
        Joel
        NRA Certified Instructor,Member and Recruiter
        Centerburg Conservation Club Trustee
        CCC Range committee and Lake committee
        Second Call Defense Recruiter

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=nranews

Comment

Finally! After a month of waiting, I got my holster in the mail today.
          First impressions? Not too bad. I ordered an extra shell to fit my Glock 23 and they sent me a shell for a G19. It fits the G23 as well so no big deal, I guess.
          Now, I removed the shell that came on it to install the shell for the G23, and that's when I noticed that their "spacers" are nothing more than black reinforced rubber hose! Well, as long as it does the trick!
          I holstered my G23 and put the holster on. It feels pretty comfortable, but time will tell. Retention seems good, but its brand new.
          All in all, it seems like a decent holster, definitely a $30 holster but not bad. I cannot compare it to a White Hat, crossbreed or any other hybrid, since I don't own one.

Comment

I wore mine for about 4 hours tonight around the house and garage.
            I could not feel the holster, I could just feel the weight of the gun a little bit but not as much as when I used a plain IWB holster. Time will tell. I may even order a shell for my XD. If I order now, I should have it by summer!lol

Comment

Those little pieces of rubber hose seem to work out nice. And the holster is very adjustable for retention. Overall a good holster so far.

Comment

I'm thinking about ordering a LH holster for my FN. I currently have a RH one, but thinking of a different way of carrying.
                Sneaking up and dropping some Truth into your life.

Stealth Mode ---- Activated

Comment

Those little pieces of rubber hose seem to work out nice. And the holster is very adjustable for retention. Overall a good holster so far.

Yeah, they work. But it just seems like some prototype someone slapped together. I am not complaining, as I'm sure it keeps the costs down, but I can't help but wonder if they think nobody knows what it is or maybe don't care if they do!

Comment

My update on these holsters.. by far the most comfortable iwb holster I have (including a couple $100+ leather jobs..)

Their customer service flat out sucks and I hate the fact that they charge you before It ships...

My first order from them took I think a week or so to get..

I ordered another shell plate for my new carry gun on Saturday or Sunday... got it 4 days later..

Pretty good I thought!

Comment

I posted this over on OFCC forums and i think its relevant here as well. This is my experience with Alien Gear holsters. The opinions expressed in this review are those of the poster and may not be those of anyone else! Due to the picture sizes, I had to use thumbnail size photos on this post so please click the picture if you want to see it larger!

A little background info, I ordered an alien gear Holster back in august of last year for my Ruger P95, At that time It took about 3 weeks to get, but the holster was very well made. The Leather is good quality and the Kydex is impressively think and not flimsy. Plus it comes with all the hardware you need to adjust it how you like it.It was very comfortable and on my 6'6" frame I could conceal my firearm with it very well. But I admit I am not here to do a first impression review others have that covered very well.

My review has to do with using the Alien Gear Holster promise of free lifetime exchanges.

In this first picture you can see my Ruger P95 in the Holster after I had received it in late August, The P95 looked right at home in this holster.
                      http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n11/polizi212/th_20130902_204915.jpg

Fast forward to March 8th of this year and I traded my P95 in and purchased a SR40, Since Alien Gear offered lifetime trades I figured I would give it a shot. So I sent my P95 Kydex back to alien gear, On Monday March 31st I confirmed they received my return on Friday March 28 and I was told on the phone it could be 1 to 2 weeks before it would be sent back. On that same afternoon of Monday March 31st I received a email with tracking info. Needless to say I was shocked, impressed and a little nervous that it couldn't be my order since I was told 1 to 2 weeks. But i was wrong it was my order. I received the new Kydex on Wednesday April 2. WOW great turn around excellent service.

Along with my new Kydex piece was a bag of new screws, washers, hose pieces and a new Allen wrench. While I didn't need these extra pieces it was very thoughtful of them to include them and now I have spares.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n11/polizi212/holster/th_20140402_233326.jpg
                      And as you can see in the next Photo it looks really good with the SR40 nestled snugly into its new home.
                      http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n11/polizi212/holster/th_20140403_103341.jpg

I also feel that they did a better job with the Kydex on the SR40, as you can see in the photo above with the P95 the barrel and the front of the slide stuck out a bit which did cause a bit of wear on the front of the gun. On the SR40 kydex I received the it is molded over and actually covers that part of the slide and in my opinion it not only looks better but better protects the muzzle of my new firearm.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n11/polizi212/holster/th_f48bc1b2-8dc3-4396-a47b-1a8252e2b68b.jpg

My one and only complaint about the SR40 Kydex, is that it arrived with some pretty sharp edges, The kind that could easily cut you. Those were quickly addressed with a Dremel abrasive buffing wheel and in less than 10 minutes all edges were nice and smooth! I couldn't be happier that Alien Gear exchanged my kydex with out question or hesitation just like they say on their web site!

Comment

Posting on this old thread ---

I Just ordered the Alien Gear’s Cloak Tuck 2.0 holster for my 1911 commander. The company said 5-6 weeks for delivery for this model; so when I receive it & carry it for awhile I'll post my thoughts up here. $44 shipped is a really good deal.

I'm hoping that the neoprene backing will allow me to wear this bad boy while doing moderately intense work outs ... right now I carry a Maxpedition versapack when cycling with a full-size handgun, which works pretty good but is semi bulky for long rides.
                        US NAVY VETERAN
                        Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
                        Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
                        NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"

Comment

Posting on this old thread ---

I Just ordered the Alien Gear’s Cloak Tuck 2.0 holster for my 1911 commander. The company said 5-6 weeks for delivery for this model; so when I receive it & carry it for awhile I'll post my thoughts up here. $44 shipped is a really good deal.

I'm hoping that the neoprene backing will allow me to wear this bad boy while doing moderately intense work outs ... right now I carry a Maxpedition versapack when cycling with a full-size handgun, which works pretty good but is semi bulky for long rides.

Looking forward to hearing your report wrt a large pistol. I like my Cloak Tuck 2.0 very much, but I am carrying a smaller pistol.

Also, mine took 8 weeks when I ordered it Aug. 1. I hear Alien Gear has added personnel so I hope yours comes faster.
                          "Our Constitution is a document in which "We the people" tell the government what it is allowed to do. "We the people" are free." - Ronald Wilson Reagan, 1/11/1989

My friends, never forget this.
                          NRA
                          GOA
                          2AF

Comment

I might have to snag one of these. The price is certainly right.
                            -Matt

Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

I have an Alien for my 357 Ruger LCR, and a Crossbreed for my Glock23, hands down I prefer the Crossbreed. Yes the Alien is more adjustable but there isn't enough leather for me. I still use my Alien I just will not buy another Alien, just my 2 cents.
                              Retired Navy
                              NRA Instructor

Comment

I have the cloak 2.0 and the original leather. I prefer the leather over the cloak 2.0 unless it's hot out and sweat is an issue.
                                "We must all fear evil men. But, there is another kind of evil which we must fear most…and that is the indifference of good men."

Comment

Working...
                                X