non resident PA CCW Permit any holders that can explain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non resident PA CCW Permit any holders that can explain

This is crazy from what I can tell. I got a VA Non resident so I could carry in PA And then the commie Gov pulled the preciosity because of The Philly Crap So By Adding PA I only get PA First will the recent law in ohio help, It say something regarding RES agreements but I wasn't clear. Links would be great or just a few words about how to approach the money hungry Dems in PA Upon further checking it looks like CO has res with PA But with the swing of a pen I could be right back where I started
    Fascism is not defined by the number of its victims, but by the way it kills them. J.P. Sartre

It is not my duty to die for my country, but to help others die for theirs. Gen Patton

From what I've read and heard it is possible, but unlikely, that PA will recognize an OH CHL after the new law goes into effect. If it were me, if PA doesn't recognize the OH CHL I'd probably get and renew the PA license and drop the VA license.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Comment

From what I've read and heard it is possible, but unlikely, that PA will recognize an OH CHL after the new law goes into effect. If it were me, if PA doesn't recognize the OH CHL I'd probably get and renew the PA license and drop the VA license.

Does Ohio Recognize PA?
      Fascism is not defined by the number of its victims, but by the way it kills them. J.P. Sartre

It is not my duty to die for my country, but to help others die for theirs. Gen Patton

Comment

Not yet, but when the new law goes into effect Ohio will recognize a PA license carried by a non-Ohio-resident in the state temporarily, and will recognize a PA license carried by an Ohio resident who has been a resident less than 6 months.

What will not happen is a reciprocal agreement between OH and PA - OH requires any state we enter into a reciprocal agreement to have a similar training requirement. PA has no such requirement, so no reciprocal agreement.
        NRA Life Member

Comment

PA does honor Ohio (and anyone elses) as long as you don't exit the vehicle. My kids know we stop for a restroom break just before we enter PA and don't stop again until after we leave PA. They loose out on you gas station, restaurant, etc $

Comment

Indeed, Eugene, that is the case - but that's not what we were discussing. When we say "recognize" we mean to give it the same consideration as a license issued by that state.
            NRA Life Member

Comment

Indeed, Eugene, that is the case - but that's not what we were discussing. When we say "recognize" we mean to give it the same consideration as a license issued by that state.

ok so you can have a loaded firearm in the car with you just dont get out of the car with it, thats something i did not know as well, thanks Eugene

Comment

You can carry a loaded handgun in your car in PA, as long as you have a license issued by any state. IL is similar, but I think for them you have to have a license issued by your state of residence. And for GA, if I recall correctly you don't even need a license, it is legal to carry in your car as long as you are not a prohibited person.
                NRA Life Member

Comment

You can carry a loaded handgun in your car in PA, as long as you have a license issued by any state. IL is similar, but I think for them you have to have a license issued by your state of residence. And for GA, if I recall correctly you don't even need a license, it is legal to carry in your car as long as you are not a prohibited person.
                  great info I'm sure NY doesn't sign on to this sounds like most state have a reasonable allowance, sure things could be better but at least I'm not gonna get car jacked what states can't you do this with a resident license thanks

Comment

Yes, PA allows that little bit if you have any CCW/CHL license from any state. They are an OC legal state as well so the one time I did have to stop and walk my daughter around to the back of the truck to use the camper potty I just tucked my shirt behind my holster to I was in effect OC'ing.

NY and MD don't recognize this though, so it would be really easy to go over the line into illegal territory.

Comment

great info I'm sure NY doesn't sign on to this sounds like most state have a reasonable allowance, sure things could be better but at least I'm not gonna get car jacked what states can't you do this with a resident license thanks

No, for sure NY doesn't - and I don't know what other states allow car carry without a license other than what we've talked about here. www.handgunlaw.us has a section for Car/RV carry for each state, but I haven't gone through them all and made a list - yet...
                      NRA Life Member

Comment

http://www.handgunlaw.us has a section for Car/RV carry for each state, but I haven't gone through them all and made a list - yet...

Well, what are ya' waiting for? Get crackin'!

:P
                        What does a caring, sensitive
                        person feel when they are forced
                        to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Comment

Working...
                        X