online course

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online course

I heard that there is going to be an online course for ccw with 2 hour range shooting. Any truth to this?

I heard that there is going to be an online course for ccw with 2 hour range shooting. Any truth to this?

Yes, it is true.

Comment

It will be allowed after March 23 (I think that's the date) but so far no such courses are available. The NRA is working on one, but there's no guarantee the NRA online course will meet Ohio's requirements.

Comment

Per the secretary of state's office the effective date is March 23, 2015.

Only the AG can tell us what an online course must consist of. And yes range time is required. How that will shake out no one knows.

Comment

stugots:

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/vi...hp?f=6&t=10097 that you should have a look at but it's not mandatory and likely sleep inducing.... Put it aside when you pass out ....

A buddy of mine used to call me "stugots" years ago and some other relatives seem to have dug up "stewie" or "stewey" recently. I need to yell at 'em.... I'm too old for that ....

The gang has given you good answers IMHO on the on-line course. The law probably will go into effect by the beginning of April (or maybe the end of April). However the content of the courses has to be worked out.

I'm not sure whether I like the idea or not. Ten years ago I had to sit on a hard wooden chair for ten hours or so. Not fun but at least the course was "recognized". I know it can be done successfully - having sat through the OPOTA course back in the late 60's and a couple of college level courses on the subject. And the CHL course too.... There's a lot of stuff there that could just be "reading" although I like the idea of having an instructor handy to answer questions. Never a problem for me but a lot of the CHL candidates barely know which end of the gun is where the bullet comes out.

Regards
          <t>Stu<br><br>(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)<br><br>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE<br><br>יזכר לא עד פעם</t>

Comment

Never a problem for me but a lot of the CHL candidates barely know which end of the gun is where the bullet comes out.

Amen to that statement of reality.
            So Mote It Be.
            Aging is not for the timid
            NRA Benefactor Member

Comment

Never a problem for me but a lot of the CHL candidates barely know which end of the gun is where the bullet comes out.

Doesn't it come out the same end that it goes in?

Comment

stugots:The gang has given you good answers IMHO on the on-line course. The law probably will go into effect by the beginning of April (or maybe the end of April). However the content of the courses has to be worked out.

I'm going to move to the head of the class; HB 234 goes into effect March 23, 2015. That's per the Ohio Secretary of State's legal department. The reason that it has not been posted is the Gov. signed over 250 bills at the end of the year. Depending on what type of bill, the taking of effect date must be determined. As I posted on another thread, the Gov. signed on Dec. 19 - filed with Secretary Dec 22 - 90 day pass = March 23.

Comment

No, only on the Daniel Boone models. :wink:
                  So Mote It Be.
                  Aging is not for the timid
                  NRA Benefactor Member

Comment

Stewie may think so during his senior moments since state of the art was muzzle loaders when he was a kid.
                    -- Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X