Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four plead guilty to illegally running guns from Columbus to Canada

https://www.dispatch.com/news/201903...mbus-to-canada

Two Columbus residents are among four people who pleaded guilty Wednesday in U.S. District Court to conspiring to illegally run guns to Canada.

Jeremy Hearn, 40, and Marcedes Green, 28, were the Columbus players in the scheme. Hearn bought at least 32 guns from at least 12 licensed stores in central Ohio.

Hearn provided false information on ATF Form 4473, which must be filled out when a gun is bought, according to a release from the U.S. attorney’s office in Columbus.

Green, with money supplied by Hearn, assisted in buying at least six guns, the release said.

Hearn, along with Jerome Watkins, Jr., 33, of Niagara Falls, New York, and Kristina DeLorenzo, 31, of Lewiston, New York, acted as couriers or assisted in courier activities, regularly traveling between Columbus and Niagara Falls, where the guns were taken across the nearby Canadian border to be resold. The transactions occurred between January and April 2018, according to an investigation by the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Conspiracy to illegally transfer firearms carries a penalty of up to five years in prison. The four defendants will be sentenced later.
    Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

I'd be interested to know just how much time they get. Betcha it's nowhere near the max of five years, unless they are frequent flyer felons.
    <t>"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers. <br><br> Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''<br><br>--CAR15A2, 3/31/09</t>

Comment

Agreed, we shall see. My ATF guy was "unavailable" when I tried to get in contact with him middle of this month. When he got back with me he said "I was on assignment". Might have been this case...
      Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Working...
      X