Police: 15-year-old boy shot to death by woman he was trying to rob

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police: 15-year-old boy shot to death by woman he was trying to rob

No mention of a CHL and some pertinent details seem to be missing that would certainly add to the story...
    Aaron

https://www.thetelegraph.com/news/ar...e-14057979.php

A 15-year-old Ohio boy is dead, shot by a woman he was allegedly trying to rob, Cincinnati police said Thursday.

Now, another 15-year-old who helped rob the victim is facing a murder charge.

The alleged robbery happened Saturday in the 3600 block of Reading Road in Cincinnati's Avondale neighborhood.

According to police, Jordan Lara, 15, and another 15-year-old tried to rob someone at gunpoint.

The victim of the robbery fired on Lara and the other teen, striking Lara in the stomach.

Lara was taken to University of Cincinnati Medical Center for treatment. He was pronounced dead Tuesday.

The holdup victim is not facing any charges. She told police she was acting in self-defense. However, the surviving teen is.

On Thursday, police said they arrested the other 15-year-old involved in the robbery on a murder and aggravated robbery charge. The teen has not been named due to his age.

According to Cincinnati.com, Ohio law allows for people involved in crimes that result in deaths to be charged with murder, even if the defendant did not directly kill the victim.
    Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Think the TV news reported that the attempted robbery victim has a CHL.

Comment

"According to Cincinnati.com, Ohio law allows for people involved in crimes that result in deaths to be charged with murder, even if the defendant did not directly kill the victim."

WTH? Is this true? I've never heard of this in Ohio.

If it is, how can this stand? Is this why so many are against a TRUE Stand Your Ground Law for Ohio?

I think it's sad we have to worry about having any permission slip to defend yourself against these thugs no matter how old they are.. Isn't open carry still legal in Ohio? I know you will be unconstitutionally harassed by the police, but you still can open carry. I do and have been pulled over by police for having a rifle in my Gun Rack. Older truck btw.

I carry a firearm because a cop is too heavy and takes too many breaks.

Montani Semper Liberi - (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

Comment

There is nothing new about charging and convicting for murder when a co-felon is killed in the commission of a crime. Not just Ohio - this is the way of the world.
        Don't like it? Don't commit a felony.

It has nothing to do with Castle Doctrine, "duty to retreat" or open carry.

Comment

Putting a gun in a truck rack or have it open carry isn't the point there. I agree there's something missing in the story but the woman defended herself during the robbery so she shouldn't be at fault.

Comment

The charge is called "felony murder" and is usually charged against anyone that was an accomplice in a felony incident where someone dies, whether or not the deceased is the victim of the felony or one of the other perpetrators.
            AlanM
            There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
            Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
            If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Comment

Working...
            X