Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazed man attacks Deputy. Another "teachable moment".

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazed man attacks Deputy. Another "teachable moment".

Hi all

Here's another "teachable moment". I think we all wished these things did'nt happen, but we can learn from these video's in case we have to defend ourselves.

Here's a copy/paste:

"A crazed man’s rampage came to a not-so-sudden end Saturday morning in Montgomery County Maryland, and a bystander caught it all on video. After striking a lone deputy twice with a long stick, the attacker took a dozen rounds while still advancing on the officer.

It looked like the stuff of nightmares. The attacker looked more like a college professor with his sport coat and khaki pants than a would-be cop-killing lunatic..."

I don't know if this Forum will link to this, but you can find the video yourself by searching: VIDEO: Crazed Man Attacking Deputy Soaks Up 12 Rounds Before He’s Stopped By John Boch February 8, 2021.

If I where to "grade" this Deputy, I would give him an "A". He did EVERYTHING he could to NOT use deadly force.

That said...

I don't think he ever heard about "The Tueller Drill", or the tactic of "Getting OFF the X." (eyeroll). Look those up and YOU will learn a lot!

He may want to review those...

I would like to know the caliber and bullet type he used...I "suspect" 9mm FMJ. Don't hate me.

• Soylent Green
    replied
    I also linked to the same article.

I'm betting my safety on the most powerful caliber/good hollowpoint I can shoot accurately. Gentleman can disagree.

Thank you for linking to the video.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by justashooter View Post

Unlikely to be FMJ. I don't know of a single LEA that uses FMJ in their duty guns. Also, reasonable chance it was .40S&W since that is a common LEO issue caliber these days. In any case, it probably wouldn't have mattered since research consistently shows that handgun caliber doesn't make a significant difference in the ability to stop an aggressor.
    I agree with justashooter...

I don't know how many times I've linked this article into the forums, but here it is again if you've never seen it Soylent Green:

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/alte...stopping-power

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Video embedded in original article here:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/vi...e-hes-stopped/

Leave a comment:

• Soylent Green
    replied
    ETA: maybe his department didn't issue ammo to part timers/auxiliary? I admit I'm guessing on this.

Leave a comment:

• Soylent Green
    replied
    I'm guessing on this: OLD Deputy, needs money, nothing EVER happens on this beat, any ammo will do, use cheap stuff, won't ever matter anyway...and 9mm FMJ. I hope we find out, but we probably won't.

Your right on LEO issue ammo, I'm sure of that.

I disagree. Caliber matters,( but as we know, shot placement is more important). Please cite research.

357 magnum has shown to have the highest "one shot stops". https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/alte...stopping-power

The .357 is not my choice, but it consistently is at/near the top.

Leave a comment:

• justashooter
    replied
    Originally posted by Soylent Green View Post
    I would like to know the caliber and bullet type he used...I "suspect" 9mm FMJ. Don't hate me.
    Unlikely to be FMJ. I don't know of a single LEA that uses FMJ in their duty guns. Also, reasonable chance it was .40S&W since that is a common LEO issue caliber these days. In any case, it probably wouldn't have mattered since research consistently shows that handgun caliber doesn't make a significant difference in the ability to stop an aggressor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X