This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickly Find New Posts

Is there a way to just see the New Posts only? It is an inconvenience (pain in the butt) to have to look at each topic to find New Posts.

Yes, just below "FORUMS" in the upper left hand corner is "New Topics" that takes you to all the fresh discussions since you last visited. Then, you click the little blue icon that looks like a vertical FF button in front of the topic. That should take you to the most recent post! Additionally, when you are in a message board and looking through the discussions, to the right there is a column labeled "Last Post" and any discussion with new posts since your last visit will have the little blue FF icon next to it, this will also take you to the most recent post in that thread!
    Last edited by Admin 1; 02-26-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Admin 1 View Post
      Yes, just below "FORUMS" in the upper left hand corner is "New Posts" that takes you to all the fresh discussions since you last visited. Then, you click the little blue icon that looks like a vertical FF button in front of the topic. That should take you to the most recent post! Additionally, when you are in a message board and looking through the discussions, to the right there is a column labeled "Last Post" and any discussion with new posts since your last visit will have the little blue FF icon next to it, this will also take you to the most recent post in that thread!
      Is there a way to mark all posts read? Often there are posts I'm not interested in reading, but to clear them out of the lis tI have to click through to them. In other forums there is a way to mark everything read without having to click them one by one.
      Christian, Husband, Father
      NRA Life Member
      NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
      NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Comment

Sorry. I don’t have a “New Posts” button. I do have one named “New Topics”. The same? I’m using a 10.5” iPad pro and Sarfari web browser.

Comment

Apologies Toakey45036, the word "Posts" was on the brain when I typed that Edited for correct verbiage!

Justashooter... bottom of any page you should see the words "mark this channel read" which is the feature you are looking for!

Comment

Justashooter... bottom of any page you should see the words "mark this channel read" which is the feature you are looking for!
            I am not seeing it at the bottom of the page, am I missing something?
            NRA Life Member

Comment

Yes, justashooter...you are missing something, the spot that shows up at the bottom of all my pages that allows you to click the option "mark channel as read" and the only thing I can think is your not scrolling to the bottom of the page. When that bottom section scrolls up, it should show the pages of the message board (1,2,3,4,5, next) to the right, and mark channel as read in the middle. I do not see the bottom of the "page" or list of threads on your screenshot. Try scrolling down and see if you don't find it.

Comment

Yes, justashooter...you are missing something, the spot that shows up at the bottom of all my pages that allows you to click the option "mark channel as read" and the only thing I can think is your not scrolling to the bottom of the page. When that bottom section scrolls up, it should show the pages of the message board (1,2,3,4,5, next) to the right, and mark channel as read in the middle. I do not see the bottom of the "page" or list of threads on your screenshot. Try scrolling down and see if you don't find it.
                I don't know what to tell you, but that is as far as it will scroll. There is nothing below the list of topics, except the "Help | Contact Us | Privacy | Go to top" navigation elements and the "Powered by vBulletin® Version 5.4.5" blurb. There is no "pages of the message board" or any of the other stuff you mention, probably because I'm not on a specific sub-forum, I'm on the "New Topics" link/query. If you mean that I have to go to each sub-forum individually to mark them read, that's not really any easier than clicking on each topic individually from the New Topics link/query. I'd really like a feature where I can mark the entire board as read, from the New Topics link/query, like I can on pretty much every other forum I visit.
                NRA Life Member

Comment

Only thing I can come up with then would be how it displays on your device...is this on a phone or PC? Here is what I have at the bottom of all my topic lists:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mark Channel Read.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	509.3 KB
ID:	123909

Comment

I am on a Windows 10 PC using Firefox for my browser. I'm on the "New Topics" link/query (https://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/s...ssage%22%5D%7D), and it is not there as you can see in my screen shot above. It is also not there in Chrome on that page, FWIW.

It *is* there, however, if I go to a sub-forum like https://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/f...on/new-members
                    NRA Life Member

Comment

Working...
                    X