No announcement yet.

Not much traffic here since the reboot.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not much traffic here since the reboot.

I don't even look both ways before crossing the forum.
    Really, they were messed up so bad for so long, without admin attention, doubt the old members will ever come back.
    Last edited by brian d.; 03-25-2019, 03:32 PM.
    <t>"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers. <br><br> Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''<br><br>--CAR15A2, 3/31/09</t>

If the old members won't come back, then we focus on getting new ones I guess
    Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      If the old members won't come back, then we focus on getting new ones I guess
      How much family you got?
      <t>"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers. <br><br> Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''<br><br>--CAR15A2, 3/31/09</t>

Comment

From a "newbie" perspective, it's not a "posting friendly" place. Heck, initial posts moderated, and if you correct the spelling in your post after moderation, it becomes unapproved .. again.
        NRA Benefactor Life & Golden Eagle's member
        Certified Pistol, Rifle and Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by brian d. View Post
          I don't even look both ways before crossing the forum.
          Really, they were messed up so bad for so long, without admin attention, doubt the old members will ever come back.
          I didn't use the crosswalk and there wasn't even a blue flashing light in the distance.

Comment

I didn't use the crosswalk and there wasn't even a blue flashing light in the distance.

Comment

I'm still working on ways to improve the "user friendly" aspect MBott, as I said in the reply to your message, the "unapproved" status goes away after a certain number of posts by a new member. I'm trying my hardest to keep spammers out of here! Personally approving each registration, sorting through pages of spam registrations to find the one legitimate person trying to get in here. Just now, I permanently banned a user, and deleted their first post, because it was a spammer who got through the process. Looked like a legit registration and email, IP address was out of state but US origin, first post was for selling ID's with a bunch of links in it. You all didn't have to see his nonsense, because all new users posts must await moderation for approval. Again...it's all in an effort to keep the junk out of here. I wish we didn't have to do it!

FYI... all posts with links in them must await approval the way I currently have the settings configured. I may be able to relax that at this point. I believe the "approval" process for new users SHOULD catch any spammers who make it through the initial scrutiny...
              Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

I just reset the number of links in a post that requires moderation to 2 so members who make a post with a single link in it will no longer have to await approval...

Comment

So I gave this another week. As of a couple days ago couple of my responses were put into that "awaiting approval" limbo land.
                  And, the pharmaceutical peddlers continue to get in here unabated.

Comment

That above post, unapproved again. Let's see if lightning strikes twice in a minute..

Comment

Yep, and doubtless this one will be the trifecta.

Comment

Nope, post #11 came up fine.

Comment

I have no idea what is causing your posts to go in the approval Que. Settings are configured so that any NEW user must get their first few posts approved, and any post with multiple links in it must await approval. I see that a spammer account got past me... and a few of the spam posts went to the Que, but others showed up immediately. I am at a loss as to what is going on here. I'm going to get tech support from vBulletin involved in this one.

Comment

From a Newbee - I joined this Forum to help keep abreast of what’s happening in Ohio regarding guns, concealed carry and the second amendment, and I was a little surprised how little traffic there was. I check for new posts daily; most days twice a day. The only positive thing I can say is that this forum gives me more time to spend with the other Forums I subscribe to. I will continue checking but the frequency may decrease. I have seen a couple/few interesting posts since I joined about a month ago.

Comment

So, the main page lists "Lilly Roone" as being here right now. Yet, "her" profile states "she" is banned from the board.

Meanwhile, I get logged off when going from one section to another, and it's a crapshoot if my posts will show up.

Comment

Working...
                              X