Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer accidentally fires gun in grocery line, grazes woman

https://www.hometownstations.com/new...be05ec6d9.html

MIAMI (AP) — Authorities say an off-duty Florida police officer accidentally discharged his gun at a grocery store and grazed a nearby woman.

Miami-Dade police spokesman Chris Thomas says the shooting occurred Wednesday afternoon at a Kendall Publix.

Police say the city of Miami officer was standing in the checkout line and reaching in his pocket when the gun went off. The bullet ricocheted off the ground and hit a woman who was also standing in line.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue responded and treated the woman at the scene.

City of Miami police spokesman Orlando Rodriguez says the department is conducting an internal investigation.

The officer's name wasn't immediately released.

• Wayne Justinen
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    https://www.hometownstations.com/new...be05ec6d9.html

MIAMI (AP) — Authorities say an off-duty Florida police officer accidentally discharged his gun at a grocery store and grazed a nearby woman.

Miami-Dade police spokesman Chris Thomas says the shooting occurred Wednesday afternoon at a Kendall Publix.

Police say the city of Miami officer was standing in the checkout line and reaching in his pocket when the gun went off. The bullet ricocheted off the ground and hit a woman who was also standing in line.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue responded and treated the woman at the scene.

City of Miami police spokesman Orlando Rodriguez says the department is conducting an internal investigation.

The officer's name wasn't immediately released.
    Guns don’t just “go off.”

That is not an “accidental” discharge - it is a negligent discharge!

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    That is prevalent among most departments. It's sad to say, but I only have a handful of officers I ever see at the range shooting in their off time. Same few over and over, and I hear the same thing from them.

Leave a comment:

• wvriflemannoh
    replied
    Funny, I had student who was a Dade Co Deputy Sheriff, he told me many to most of the cops there hated their guns and never trained with their weapons beyond required training. ???? this makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Right...

Leave a comment:

• smmassociates
    replied
    And they're the only ones who can be safely trusted with a weapon....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X