Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was there not testimony from the BFA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was there not testimony from the BFA?

BFA was absent for the testimony for Constitutional Carry Bill HB178? Why do they ignore it like a plague?
    I carry a firearm because a cop is too heavy and takes too many breaks.

Montani Semper Liberi - (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

I have asked this many times, both here in the forums and on their FB page, and have not yet received a response. I smell shenanigans.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Comment

There is some discussion about this bill taking place right now among BFA leadership. We've been present for the committee hearing when it was introduced, and understand the scope of the bill as presented. do not be so quick to throw us under the bus. There is more to this process than meets the eye. I'll be posting our official position on it once we've hammered that out. Just to be clear, BFA fully supports constitutional carry in Ohio. That is not the issue. We have many legislative priorities we are working on, and this particular bill is not "ours" and before we jump in swinging, there are other considerations to weigh in regard to where we focus our energy and resources...
      Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

So, it’s not your bill so you just basically ignore it? I thought we were suppose to fighting these tyrants together to get our rights restored! Your absent doesn’t go unnoticed. The NRA has been doing the same thing. It’s very disconcerting when you say it’s not “ours”, it’s is ours and for you to say that is telling me BFA is very conceded and only worries about themselves and are not fighting the true intent of the 2nd Amendment without it being on your terms. Our rights do not have terms. Stand the hell up fight with us, not in the background until you propose a bill that you can compromise on. This has been your problem for decades. This is why CC has been fought for 25 years. Your actions speak louder than your words.

Comment

So Aaron, BFA couldn't review the bill and come up with a position before the proponent testimony hearings (which you were most certainly *NOT* present for)? Other gun rights groups were able to do so...
          Christian, Husband, Father
          NRA Life Member
          NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
          NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Comment

Yes, we reviewed the bill. Yes we came up with a position before the proponent testimony, which we were most certainly NOT present for (there have been 3 proponent and 3 opponent). We, however WERE present when the bill was introduced (as I stated previously). Additionally, we are most certainly NOT present for every single committee hearing on even OUR OWN bills... it is not necessary. I'm not posting details on how/why our position has been to neither support (with our limited time and resources) the bill, or oppose it. Suffice it to say, we will never oppose a decent pro gun bill in the Ohio legislature, and our track record speaks for itself. We support bills that become law. Whether this particular bill becomes law or not remains to be seen. BFA's official position regarding constitutional carry for Ohio:

... we absolutely support constitutional carry. Ohio is ready to join the 16 other states with permitless carry. There is no reason to think that it works in a third of the United States but won't work here. Remember, we already have constitutional carry if firearms are carried openly. That's been true for many years. When concealed carry was being considered, opponents said the sky would fall, there would be blood in the streets. It never happened. Every gun law since then has seen the same people make the same unfounded claims, and they have never come true. In the end, Ohio will have constitutional carry and it will work out just fine. The law abiding will continue to be law abiding and the criminals will continue to be criminals.

Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Then why have I NOT gotten a alert about contacting my rep or the Reg Committee to encourage them to pass this bill out of committee like we do for any Bill BFA writes? I have already done that. But there are gun owners that are not seeing much of this information that only follows you and doing even know thetevhas been 6 testimonies on this bill and 4, unfairly have been against the Bill.

Seems like your heart is not in to this CC Bill? And yes, BFA’s testimony on this CC would have gone a long ways to influence members. Why don’t you see that? Your effort is very lacking IMHO.

BtW, I get alerts for your banquets and raffles all the time. Maybe you might want to add the latest on how our 2A Rights are being attacked daily on those E-Mails and how we can help to stop an anti-2A bill or support it? Just a thought!

Comment

Working...
              X