Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I noticed BFA has been real quiet in theses new attacks by both parties for ERPO’s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I noticed BFA has been real quiet in theses new attacks by both parties for ERPO’s

So, here’s a couple stories to show what we are fighting .
    Police Kill Maryland Citizen During “Red Flag” Gun Confiscation

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/11/1...-confiscation/

Vermont Teens Planned a School Shooting So Police Confiscated a Relative’s Guns

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ve...elatives-guns/

Wake up folks, this is a dangerous law and we can’t ignore what power grab both parties including Trump is doing here.
    I carry a firearm because a cop is too heavy and takes too many breaks.

Montani Semper Liberi - (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

FYI...any post with more than one link embedded is automatically held for approval, since spammers typically include multiple links.

So, discussions with the Gov's office are ongoing. We have seen no actual language for a proposed bill. It does no good to attack the office on social media, our website, in the forums, etc... when we are still attempting to influence the bill and the way it is drafted. Current pressure on the Gov is to remove the word firearms from the language all together. It makes no sense to leave this individual who is supposedly "a danger to themselves or others" free to drive into a crowd with a vehicle, stab people with a knife, light a building full of people on fire, etc...

...and while we HAVE NOT spoken out publicly regarding the mental health language that remains to be seen, we HAVE spoken out publicly regarding the other issue that was raised during the press release:

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/univ...n-or-elsewhere
    Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

We have an article coming out tomorrow morning on the press conference, including questions we've been getting from the press and others on all this. It would have been nice to have it published sooner, but there was no information provided in advance of the press conference. In fact, they just today published their complete list of 17 proposals. The article will be at the top of the website Thursday at 7am eastern time.
      <t></t>

Comment

I. Which bill are you talking about to be influencing on?

2. There should be not influencing going on on ANY new firearm laws. Period

3. You should be joining with ALL the firearm orgs arm in arm in the state to stifle this now.

4. We already have laws on the books that are not enforced. The Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits the purchase or possession of firearms by people who have been formally & involuntarily committed to mental health or drug treatment by a court, mental health board, or other legal commission. We already have a 72 hour mental evaluation hold. This is called DUE PROCESS!

5. No compromise, period. Nearly 25,000 gun laws on the books now and counting and criminals do not follow any of them, these target Law Abiding Ohioans / Americans. Enough is enough.

6. You will never solve this mental aspects of this if people are not wanting you to know what they are thinking and they will kill again. Are cops going to have to go to college to become a psychologist to put someone behind bars?

7. This all is a ruse to “do something” no matter how bad it is. When in reality this is a power grab by the states and Feds. We need to nip it in the bud right now.

Again, No Compromise and excuses why you have to give in here or there.

There is a reason these law are unconstitutional.

I’d rather live in dangerous freedom than peaceful slavery.

Support Constitutional Carry, Stand your Ground laws and that would be a great start helping Ohioans defend and help stop these mass shootings.

We have that right and we need to get them back from our corrupt politicians who think they are kings and queens who grants us our natural rights, liberty and freedoms..

Comment

May I suggest attempting to change the narrative from removing firearms from dangerous individuals to removing dangerous individuals, i.e., the mental health evaluation hold? Firearms are not the only tool used to harm others, e.g., hands, feet, poison, automobiles, kitchen knives, fire, clubs, hammers, baseball bats, golf clubs, etc... It is impossible to remove all of the weapons, but it is possible to remove the person using existing due process procedures.
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by liberty View Post
            May I suggest attempting to change the narrative from removing firearms from dangerous individuals to removing dangerous individuals, i.e., the mental health evaluation hold? Firearms are not the only tool used to harm others, e.g., hands, feet, poison, automobiles, kitchen knives, fire, clubs, hammers, baseball bats, golf clubs, etc... It is impossible to remove all of the weapons, but it is possible to remove the person using existing due process procedures.
            This just confirms it with me this was never about saving lives, I mean, MD killed a man over this law. This is about Confiscation plain and simple. And they are playing the emotions of the populace over these 'timely' shootings.

We need to fight these Draconian, Orwellian, Unconstitutional laws with everything we got.

ALL HANDS ON BOARD FOLKS.

Comment

You are correct. Both "red flag" law and "background check" law proposals are steps toward gun confiscation. I would suggest for anyone interested in preventing our country from becoming like Venezuela to read the book Death by Gun Control (see http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/deathgc.htm). That book shows how such laws are not what they claim to be and are only steps toward total disarmament of populations that has always lead to mass murder.

Moreover, I would suggest that any such new legislation will directly lead to more mass shootings, and the blood of those people will be on the hands of those who enacted the new laws. Those kind of laws would not have stopped any mass shooting and will not have any effect on subsequent mass shooting, but they will encourage more mass shooting in order for the totalitarians to achieve additional gun control laws toward their quest to disarm us, enslave us, and murder those of us who resist.
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

May I suggest attempting to change the narrative from removing firearms from dangerous individuals to removing dangerous individuals...
                You certainly may.
                We suggested that to Governor DeWine many months ago.
                And Lt. Gov Husted made that point at the press conference last week.

If someone is mentally ill, we should treat them. (Not just take their stuff)
                And that is what Governor DeWine actually proposed.
                Of course the devil is in the details. There is no bill to read/comment on yet. There is discussion on how to deal with many complicated issues.

Comment

Originally posted by jirvine View Post

You certainly may.
                  We suggested that to Governor DeWine many months ago.
                  And Lt. Gov Husted made that point at the press conference last week.

If someone is mentally ill, we should treat them. (Not just take their stuff)
                  And that is what Governor DeWine actually proposed.
                  Of course the devil is in the details. There is no bill to read/comment on yet. There is discussion on how to deal with many complicated issues.

I have a question or two Jim, you knew Dewine had a history of not being true believer in the 2A or the Constitution as a whole, just like Kasich, why did you / BFA still endorse him when we still had better choices in the GOP primary? Did you think he was your friend, pal or some one you could drink beer with to see things your way?

These politicians are not your friend and never will be. These politicians have one friend and one friend only. POWER!

Why not tell Dewine and other weak kneed GOP to enforce the laws we already have instead of trying to pass more Authoritarian, LESS FREEDOM, Draconian Orwellian laws? Pass out Constitutional carry to give all Ohioans their RIGHT to fight back WHO WANT TOO, To fight and defend their lives. Which, is still incredible we have to ask these thug politicians for anything Gun related when it's our rights. I reckon, it really isn't natural / God given right then is it if we have to ask permission then, is it Jim?

Comment

DeWine, Kasich, Pelosi, Bloomberg are of the same ilk. They know all of those gun control laws have never and will never reduce crime. The want background check laws for all transfers in order to collect information about gun owners so they know where the guns are and who owns them. The "red flag" laws are legal tools they want so they can define their political opponents as dangerous and be able to disarm them just like the Bolsheviks, Mao Zedong, Castro, and Hugo Chávez did. Read Death by Gun Control. What these politicians propose follows a method of total disarmament and eventual mass murder and enslavement.

DeWine must be abandoned now! He has just proven that he has not changed. He must be defeated in his gun confiscation preparations, and he must be defeated at the next primary.

Comment

wvriflemannoh
                      We endorsed Mike DeWine for a variety of reasons. Bottom line, he was the best candidate. (Which has nothing to do with drinking beer with him.)
                      Yes, we are familiar with his record in the US Senate. And if you look you will see that we did not endorse him (nor did the NRA the year he lost his seat.
                      But we are also familiar with this record as AG. From Jim Petro onward, we have been blessed by a long string of good to great AG's, each one better than the last. DeWine was the best of the best on our issue. (Not saying anything negative about Yost - he has not been there long enough to compare, but I have no concerns about him and fully expect him to be excellent on our issues.)

So under your logic, BFA/NRA should have endorsed Al Gore for President. After all he used to be A rated. We felt that what someone has done recently, and is doing now, and is expected to do in the future is more important than what they did 10-20 years ago. If you disagree, that is fine. But there is an answer to your question.

If you don't need to ask for permission to exercise your rights, then go exercise them and don't waste your time here or with us. It's a free Country.

Comment

DeWine, Kasich, Pelosi, Bloomberg are of the same ilk.
                        You could not be more wrong. You are no different than the anti-gun zealots who think killers, cops, and CHL holders are the same.

You and they are both entitled to your own opinion. Good day.

Comment

wvriflemannoh
                          We endorsed Mike DeWine for a variety of reasons. Bottom line, he was the best candidate. (Which has nothing to do with drinking beer with him.)
                          Yes, we are familiar with his record in the US Senate. And if you look you will see that we did not endorse him (nor did the NRA the year he lost his seat.
                          But we are also familiar with this record as AG. From Jim Petro onward, we have been blessed by a long string of good to great AG's, each one better than the last. DeWine was the best of the best on our issue. (Not saying anything negative about Yost - he has not been there long enough to compare, but I have no concerns about him and fully expect him to be excellent on our issues.)

So under your logic, BFA/NRA should have endorsed Al Gore for President. After all he used to be A rated. We felt that what someone has done recently, and is doing now, and is expected to do in the future is more important than what they did 10-20 years ago. If you disagree, that is fine. But there is an answer to your question.

If you don't need to ask for permission to exercise your rights, then go exercise them and don't waste your time here or with us. It's a free Country.
                          Jim, you are saying gun owners do need permission from our Governments to carry guns in a concealed matter? Your condescending tone is not very helpful and not very tolerant of constructive criticism.

WTH are you talking about endorsing Al Gore? Again, why do you depend on the NRA for any rating is my point? YOU KNOW, the NRA is irrelevant in their grading system. The proof is in the pudding. You can’t research people and THINK for yourself without being a puppet of the NRA which has been terrible on our 2nd Amendment rights themselves and have been for decades?

I fought the NRA since the 80’s when they started supporting and they admitted writing the Unconstitutional NICS. Supported the Gun Free Zones Act. Wake up Jim, and start thinking for yourself. DO NOT ENDORSE ANYONE who has had a bad history of taking rights from Ohioans and or the American People. There were better pro-2A people to choose from in the GOP Primaries in 2016 and you ignored them.

When Dewine refused to comment on what he thought of Red Flag laws or any other gun laws when asked that should have been a ‘red flag’ then. But, I digress. What’s done is done. Now, how do you approach the future? Are you going to appease these politicians who are determined to take more rights away from America or are you gonna join all the other gun owners and gun groups and say stop, no more and fight this tyranny by the Authoritarian thugs in the state House?

if you don’t, and think you can compromise more on our rights, we all will lose. We must not surrender one inch to these politicians who will turn us all into felons and mentally ill gun owners just because we disagree with them. And you are a fool if you do not think that can’t or won’t happen. These Red Flag Laws are dangerous with Universal Back Ground Checks are Unconstitutional.

Private Gun Transfer Ban relies on the Interstate Commerce Clause. But a ban on inherently intrastate commerce (sales of used merchandise between private party residents of the same state) by stretching the meaning of the Interstate Commerce Clause.Clearly, there is no INTERstate commerce involved, since an INTRAstate sale of a usedgun is beyond and past any interstate commerce! No federal nexus means no federal jurisdiction!

And the “assault weapons” ban that is quietly being ignored.

BTW, you do not need a bill to start talking about the comments by Dewine and Republicans and Democrats already made about new gun laws to have folks flood their offices that ANY NEW GUN LAWS are unacceptable.

I want to say, I do appreciate the responses and conversations Jim. I know I have been pissing you off and angry with me. But sometimes hearing things you don’t like might actually help fixing a problem you do not see. That’s All I want, we need to be united to stop these attacks on our rights and we can’t be divided to stop them people who are doing it.

No more compromising and appeasement on our 2nd Amendment rights. There should be resistance to all of it. We have surrendered enough.

Comment

You could not be more wrong. You are no different than the anti-gun zealots who think killers, cops, and CHL holders are the same.

You and they are both entitled to your own opinion. Good day.
                            They all support Red Flag Laws, UBC. You are saying that’s not the same? What is the difference Jim?

Comment

Originally posted by wvriflemannoh View Post

They all support Red Flag Laws, UBC. You are saying that’s not the same? What is the difference Jim?
                              No they don't.
                              That's one difference. There are many, many more.

Comment

Working...
                              X