Good morning...........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning...........

Beautiful sunrise..... But kinda nipply out, 40deg here. But that means some of the best days for hiking the woods is right around the corner. Nothing like being in the woods while the snow is falling... Headed to work..

Camped at the range last night with my Appleseed Instructors. Full line of 25 shooters today going through the program. Camping again tonight and the fire is all laid up for this evening! Camping weather is finally here!
    Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Camped at the range last night with my Appleseed Instructors. Full line of 25 shooters today going through the program. Camping again tonight and the fire is all laid up for this evening! Camping weather is finally here!
      Hope you had a great night...Did you cook dinner over the fire..? We sometimes take meals in the cooler..potatoes,butter green peppers, chicken, etc rolled up in aluminum aluminum foil..

Comment

Good Morning fellow BFA'ers......... Guess DeWine is going to have a press conference this afternoon. I will be working but can sneak, and check in here...so counting on you to report weather he stands with us...or if he folded like a wet sack... The mental health stuff..and a few other things in his 17 pt plan are ok..maybe even a good idea..?

Comment

Originally posted by RN Cindy View Post
          Good Morning fellow BFA'ers......... Guess DeWine is going to have a press conference this afternoon. I will be working but can sneak, and check in here...so counting on you to report weather he stands with us...or if he folded like a wet sack... The mental health stuff..and a few other things in his 17 pt plan are ok..maybe even a good idea..?
          No, they're not a good idea. Giving more unqualified people to determine that you or I is crazy, or, are so called dangerous is more Authority over Ohioans based trying to predict the future. 99% of mentally ill Americans are harmless. They are treated and even if they aren't they do not harm others. We already have a way we deal with the mentally Ill in America . We have the adjudication of the mentally ill through a licensed Psychologist through the courts (REAL DUE PROCESS) for people who really are a threat to themselves and or others. Why is this being ignored? They want it where we can have some so called smart cop on the street that calls a judge and say, this guy is angry and is acting crazy we need to steal his weapons for ever or until he can prove he's innocent and sane. That's not Constitutional. They are trying to make our system that we are guilty or, sane, until proven innocent. Government should never have this power. This has nothing to do with "safety", this is about more power over the people and disarming Ohioans.

Red Flag Gun Confiscation orders are working fantastic. A year and half in anf they have disarmed 2500 homes. That averages out to 5 per day. And they have been taking guns away from kids. One of the Sheriff's said, we know that might sound absurd, but that will send a strong message to the parents they BETTER KEEP THEIR GUNS LOCKED UP! sEE HOW THIS WORKS, SEE HOW BAD AND MUCH WORSE THE ABUSE CAN GET? And this is just the beginning. Once the foundation of these laws are passed, then it will only take an Executive order from a Governor or President to expand on these laws like Newsome is doing in CA.

NONE of these laws are acceptable and not the government's job to do.

I'd rather live in dangerous freedom than peaceful slavery.

"Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."
          -- Peter Venetoklis

I carry a firearm because a cop is too heavy and takes too many breaks.

Montani Semper Liberi - (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

Comment

Originally posted by wvriflemannoh View Post

No, they're not a good idea. Giving more unqualified people to determine that you or I is crazy, or, are so called dangerous is more Authority over Ohioans based trying to predict the future. 99% of mentally ill Americans are harmless. They are treated and even if they aren't they do not harm others. We already have a way we deal with the mentally Ill in America . We have the adjudication of the mentally ill through a licensed Psychologist through the courts (REAL DUE PROCESS) for people who really are a threat to themselves and or others. Why is this being ignored? They want it where we can have some so called smart cop on the street that calls a judge and say, this guy is angry and is acting crazy we need to steal his weapons for ever or until he can prove he's innocent and sane. That's not Constitutional. They are trying to make our system that we are guilty or, sane, until proven innocent. Government should never have this power. This has nothing to do with "safety", this is about more power over the people and disarming Ohioans.

Red Flag Gun Confiscation orders are working fantastic. A year and half in anf they have disarmed 2500 homes. That averages out to 5 per day. And they have been taking guns away from kids. One of the Sheriff's said, we know that might sound absurd, but that will send a strong message to the parents they BETTER KEEP THEIR GUNS LOCKED UP! sEE HOW THIS WORKS, SEE HOW BAD AND MUCH WORSE THE ABUSE CAN GET? And this is just the beginning. Once the foundation of these laws are passed, then it will only take an Executive order from a Governor or President to expand on these laws like Newsome is doing in CA.

NONE of these laws are acceptable and not the government's job to do.

I'd rather live in dangerous freedom than peaceful slavery.

"Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."
            -- Peter Venetoklis

Yea...the "Red flag" part..and expanded background checks are NOT.....things i meant when i said there might be some good in there... You are right..no Due Process ...unless your loaded and can hire a legal team to represent you... and even then..are you gonna hire a $5,000 lawyer to get your $500 Glock back..? It's horrible.. and i think these Red flag laws will eventually find their way to the Supreme Court and be found unconstitutional ... ILA is considering it's options..

Comment

Good Morning fellow BFAers..... Love the cool mornings..and beautiful days.. Take a minute to count your blessings, maybe even write them down.. Sometimes we get busy with all thats going on in our lives..and the trouble spots are usually front and center..the good stuff gets pushed back..or hard to see at times. Pull all the good stuff back to the top this morning....... Out in the barn having coffee with the dogs...and sharing my breakfast with them.. 2 of them came with the place..they were living in the barn when i bought the property.. and a third just kinda showed up one day about 6 Months ago. I named one of them Casper. He is all White except his muzzle and one of his front paws...he is the friendliest of the bunch. at night when he walks the tree line he looks like a ghost...lol.
              Last edited by RN Cindy; 10-08-2019, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Good morning fellow BFAers......... Going to be a beautiful morning..cant wait for the sunrise.. Have 3 days off from my real job, so working at the range today and tomorrow. Going in a little early to have breakfast and watch the news with the old timers. Hopefully will be bringing home a Thompson Hawken 50 cal BP rifle. One of our regular customers said he might be interested in trading for my SD9..(that i never have liked..) A few people that attend primitive night have that same Hawken rifle...They are absolute works of art.....so hope this trade happens....lol. Anyways...hope you all have a great day.....

Comment

Same to you.

Here’s a little story you might find interesting.

I have a .45 Cal custom built percussion cap muzzleloader my uncle had for years. Built in the 50’s and still shoots wonderfully. I won’t go into names, but it was built for a guy in MI from a local builder in NE Ohio. That guy sold it to man from my home area in W.Va.. My uncle bought it from that guy who brought it back to Ohio where he lived.

My uncle passed away in 2000. My Aunt was going to sell it. She took it to a local gun shop, they told her it was worth about $50. They knew that wasn’t even close to being true. She told them she would just give it to her nephew (Me). I looked at and knew right away the gun shop was trying to rip her off and I was glad she didn’t sell it to them. Real pretty rifle.

She told me she thought there was a sabot stuck in the barrel. I could not see there was any in it. I called a business that built muzzleloader and started talking to them. I started describing the rifle to the guy and then he started describing it too me. I was shocked, he said he built the rifle back in the 50’s for turkey shoots and other competition shoots. I took the rifle to him and he showed me pictures of trophies he won with it and and then he gave it to his wife and she won shoots with it and it was 300 yard shoots.

He told me he would not take less than $1,200 for if I wanted to sell it. I was stunned.

I thought It was incredible the travels that rifle took to find its creator again, by accident..

Last edited by wvriflemannoh; 10-11-2019, 09:28 AM.
                  I carry a firearm because a cop is too heavy and takes too many breaks.

Montani Semper Liberi - (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

Comment

Originally posted by RN Cindy View Post

Hope you had a great night...Did you cook dinner over the fire..? We sometimes take meals in the cooler..potatoes,butter green peppers, chicken, etc rolled up in aluminum aluminum foil..
                    We did foil dinners actually

Split wood for a neighbor all day Monday
                    Got all my business running (deposits, supplies, etc...) Tuesday
                    Put people on and off the river with my livery service early (and range was busy) Wednesday
                    Skeet league on top of all my other shooters yesterday
                    In early for private instruction with a student this morning... and this is the first moment I've had to log in here for a bit

I can't wait for my vacation, starts a little over a week from now
                    Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

[QUOTE]I thought It was incredible the travels that rifle took to find its creator again, by accident..[/QUOTE]

That is super cool man!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

We did foil dinners actually

Split wood for a neighbor all day Monday
                        Got all my business running (deposits, supplies, etc...) Tuesday
                        Put people on and off the river with my livery service early (and range was busy) Wednesday
                        Skeet league on top of all my other shooters yesterday
                        In early for private instruction with a student this morning... and this is the first moment I've had to log in here for a bit

I can't wait for my vacation, starts a little over a week from now
                        Sounds like you have been busy...but a good kind of busy.. Anything fun planned for vacation..or just getting away for a little while..?

Comment

Every other yr I get to take a trip with the guys... I will be on an island off the NC coast that is only accessible by ferry. We take our trucks over, deflate the tires to around 14 PSI, then drive off into the dunes and set up. We have the giant 27' Cabelas Alaknak outfitters tent for our base camp. Surf fishing all day, shark fishing all night, interspersed with a little kayak fishing for puppy drum and speckled trout on the bay side. Great food, some quality scotch, some nice cigars... mentally I am already there

Comment

Working...
                          X