Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know what is going on at Spring Valley?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what is going on at Spring Valley?

I haven't been by, but all indications are it is still closed. The project completion is nearly a year over-due. I don't see where any lawsuits have been filed. I don't see where any major design changes have been proposed. The other ranges are open again. No one seems to know anything.

I haven't heard anything, but ALL the range renovation projects have been seriously behind schedule. Delaware has been yrs past it's original completion date...
    Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

I pinged them a month or so ago and they responded. Here is their response.

The Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Division of Wildlife redesigned the firing range to increase customer engagement and improve the overall experience from the design that previously existed at Spring Valley. However, during construction of the project it was determined that the new design did not provide adequate assurance that all fired bullets will be safely confined within the range. The safety of our customers, employees and, the general public is of utmost concern to the Department. We are currently negotiating with the design consultant to get these issues addressed and are unable to provide a specific date for when the range will open. Due to our ongoing negotiations with the design consultant, the Department is unable to comment further at this time.

Comment

So, my interpretation of this and other information is: it is likely they decided to go with the "no blue sky" design standard at some point after construction was started, but they do not have the money to complete the redesigned project. The previous range which fell FAR short of this standard was acceptable for years without serious issues. I think no blue sky is great and have seen plenty of pock-marks on indoor range ceilings to know it is a valid standard.
        This is especially crappy during a pandemic when indoor activities are extremely limited.
        Unless some organizations throw some weight behind these issues I think we should just accept these state ranges are not re-opening.

Comment

Glad I'm still open... ;-)
          Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
            Glad I'm still open... ;-)
            HUH?? Please elaborate, I am new here so I don't understand

Comment

I run a state park shooting range (the only one in Ohio) many of the state ranges have been closed for renovations that never seem to get completed. I'm glad my facility is open and operational, even tho it is old and in need of many upgrades... we are still shootin' ;-)

Comment

I am really surprised no one else thinks this gets into a 2A issue.

Comment

Working...
                X