Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Gun Owners: Read this for a head start!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gun Owners: Read this for a head start!

New gun owners; High Octane info transfer begins...NOW!

You just bought your first gun, or your first AR-15...I think that's great!

I welcome you with a smile, a handshake, fist bump/ high five, etc.

I wish I could connect a cable from my dangerous brain to yours and just send a file copy, but we can't do that. Yet.

So I’m going to share with you what you need right now, so you can skip the crawl, and start walking FAST, and start running soon. Real soon.

1). Read the instruction manual for your new firearm. If it's missing, download off the manufactures website.

2). Rather than overload you with links, use your Google-Fu skills to look up the following:

• “Col. Jeff Coopers 4 rules of Firearm Safety”, and memorize them. If you use them, you will never unintentionally remove your body parts, or those of others, or poke high velocity holes in them.

• Pistol and Rifle marksmanship. Hint: US Army Marksmanship Unit, Marine Corps Rifle and Pistol teams, Civilian Marksmanship Program. Look up “Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch” on YouTube. You will learn a ton, and be entertained! And maybe shocked.

3) You now have the knowledge of Gun Safety, operation, and Basic Marksmanship. Now go to a range, or safe area that has a good backstop. And start practicing. It really is fun!

4) Learn about the “how” and “why” we have the Second Amendment. Hint: It's really NOT about duck hunting. I'd tell you right now, but I don't want to spoil the surprise you will get when you expend a little effort to find out on your own.

5) JOIN a Gun rights group. Pick one. I'm a Life member of Gun Owners of America and of the NRA. I can't recommend the NRA at this time, they are going through some self-earned turmoil.

I'm also a yearly member of Buckeye Firearm's Association, which has done a LOT for us here in Ohio regarding passing and improving our CCW laws.

6) Ammo is expensive. Get over it. Look at ammo as fuel for your firearm. You buy gas for your car every week, and don't complain don't you? So, only buy ammo once a month.

Exert some effort learning the Gun. It will make you a better person. See you at the Range!

Dan in Ohio

Great post Dan!!
    Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Working...
    X