X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssteinschreiber
    started a topic Patriots gift to Ohioans on Patriots day

Patriots gift to Ohioans on Patriots day

As a firemen and EMT since 2001 9/11 has meant a lot to me. However this patriots day will forever stick out in my mind: Went to the Ohio Caverns and struck a win for all the Patriots of Ohio on Patriots day. They were posted no concealed carry. Would have left but we prepaid our tickets. Adwena Steinschreiber (My wife) and the kids went ahead on their tour and I sat quietly waiting as I am disabled from a line if duty injury. Once we made our gift shop purchases I politely asked to see the manager and it was him that was taking care of us. I asked him for a card so that I could add them to the do not patronize list through Buckeye firearms and the Ohioans for conceals carry. I also advised him as an I am instructor and with law changes in the state of ohio if they have those sings up, they are holding themselves responsible and liable for taking our rights away to protect ourselves as citizens how have passed rigorous background inspection. I left him my card and said any change he could call me and I would remove it.

Well we went out to the water mill while the kids read and worked on their bags or fossils and stuff. He came out and said he called the owner how isn't even in the state, who called their insurance, and lawyer. One conversation, three calls later the signs were removed before we left. They are now carry friendly!

• smmassociates
    replied
    JustaShooter:

Sorry.... Don't know why I got Joel's name there....

Or maybe I can just change your name? :mrgreen:

Site Admin's have many magical powers.... Bwahhhh....

(Fortunately, I don't know what most of them are .)

Regards,

Leave a comment:

• justashooter
    replied
    Joel is correct about the law.
    Joel? :?

:wink:

Leave a comment:

• smmassociates
    replied
    ssteinschreiber:

Thank you for your service as Fire and EMT....

And, good job at the Caverns, too!

Joel is correct about the law. However, most of us at least thought about (if not actually did) telling our loved ones that the proprietors should be sued anyway if they can find a nasty enough lawyer. IMHO, the property owners (or business operators) really should NOT have the right to disarm LACs without taking steps to be sure that criminals aren't armed (or admitted). At least, they should be forced to post "Attention Criminals: The people in this building have been disarmed for your convenience."

(Haven't had my first cup of coffee yet ....)

I note that you've not posted for a long time. I hope it's just lack of need rather than disability-related. Don't be a stranger ....

There's a sticky at http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/vi...hp?f=6&t=10097 that you might want to look at (if that's not the reason you've not posted ), but it's not mandatory.

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• calemus
    replied
    i am very impressed in your ability with conversation and composure.
    congratulations on your successes on making the world a batter place.

i do wish i had the ability to use words as you have

Leave a comment:

• justashooter
    replied
    Well done! Just one minor thing:

with law changes in the state of ohio if they have those sings up, they are holding themselves responsible and liable for taking our rights away to protect ourselves

That isn't correct - Ohio law says property owners are *not* liable if they prohibit carry on their property or in their premises:

ORC 2923.126 (C) (2)

(a) ... A private employer is immune from liability in a civil action for any injury, death, or loss to person or property that allegedly was caused by or related to the private employer's decision to permit a licensee to bring, or prohibit a licensee from bringing, a handgun onto the premises or property of the private employer. ... (Emphasis mine.)

So, although I applaud the result, we need to be careful not to misrepresent the reasons why they shouldn't prohibit guns in their businesses.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X