Getting spammed with visitor messages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting spammed with visitor messages

Am I the only one getting bombarded by these drive by scammers on this board?
    <t>"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers. <br><br> Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''<br><br>--CAR15A2, 3/31/09</t>

Dunno why you are so special, but I think I've gotten just one since switching over to the new forum.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Comment

About 10 a day, every day.
      <t>"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers. <br><br> Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''<br><br>--CAR15A2, 3/31/09</t>

Comment

Changed some settings around...let me know if it persists!
        Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

I will report back either way.

Comment

You must have fixed it somehow, Aaron. No new "visitor messages" today.

The other glitch for me now is that some of my posts show up as "unapproved", in a different color. Not all, just some. Makes me wonder who can see them.

Comment

So, I tried to update that last reply, board won't allow it.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out why some peoples posts stay in the "unapproved" category until I change it, and others scoot right through. Supposedly a new member (according to the way I have settings configured) has to have their first three posts approved. I assumed the system was treating ALL of us as new members since the big switch. You've posted in here enough since then it should be past that nonsense. I'll keep digging!
                Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Well, you must be making progress. Let's see how this post shows up.

Comment

*Sigh*. Unapproved, again.

Comment

But, #10 shows up as normal.

Comment

No rhyme or reason... still cannot figure out why some posts sit in the moderation queue waiting to be approved, ans others don't.

Comment

Okay, so right now the main page states that myself and Lilly Rooney are signed in. "Her" profile also states that "she" is banned from here, yet that her last activity was three minutes ago.
                          Never saw that on any vbulletin (or any other) forum before.

Comment

I kinda feel lucky that I haven't seen any spam at all.

--
                            Mike
                            NRA Benefactor Life & Golden Eagle's member
                            Certified Pistol, Rifle and Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

Comment

I'm trying to make sure NOBODY sees it (but me I guess).

Comment

Working...
                              X