Hi everyone !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone !

New forum member, old shooter. NRA Benefactor Life Member, ORPA Life Member. Started shooting competition at age of 6 with a Remington 514 Bolt action single shot rifle. Started shooting up at Camp Perry in 1960 in the smallbore matches. Then in 1965 started the Highpower with an M1 NM Garand. Been up to Perry every year of my life. Folks took me up when I was 3 months old and I have been going there every year since. My Grandfather was a Director of the NRA and the Highpower Director of the ORPA. My Father was a Distinguished Master and a NRA Referee. I am disappointed that the NRA has pulled out of Perry, but at least the CMP is putting on some great matches/games. Right now, my biggest concern is the lack of any of the major organizations ( NRA, NRA-ILA, ORPA, NGO, BFA, GOA, etc ) in taking these states with "RED FLAG" laws to court. They totally violate the 2nd, 4th, 5th, & 6th amendments of the US Constitution. Already one innocent person has died when they came to his house to illegally take away his firearms. Like Sleepy Joe Biden's gaff " how many people do we have to kill before you agree with gun bans?", I worry that if these laws are not challenged and go unchecked, they will lead to massive gun confiscations. Just my 2.5 ยข opinions !

Welcome Ray... Glad you joined, and look forward to your contributions here! We have a lively bunch and discussions range from humorous to heated ;-)

Camp Perry is a great thing for us to have here in Ohio, we are all lucky! Those who haven't been, should go. I've sent my Youth Group (Venture Crew 45) from the range here up the last 3 yrs in a row to shoot in the Rimfire Sporter and they added the Air Rifle competition to their visit this yr. They even managed a few medals this time!

Take off your hat and stay a while Ray, explore the boards :-)
    Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Hello and welcome.

Comment

Working...
      X