X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Rains
    Middletown

Long time member of the NRA, and member of the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association even longer. Ohio CHL since second week available. Married to the most wonderful woman in the world for over 32 years. Church elder and trustee. Shoot when I can - enough to maintain proficiency, but not as much as I'd like. Hunt and fish some when time and work permits, again not as often as I'd like. Regular carry gun is a Ruger SP101 snubbie.

Nice to see a BFA forum. Looks like another good place to share.
    Steve

Comment

My name is Glenn, I live in Mentor Ohio, am retired and belong to several organizations. I am an US Army veteran 1962-68. Served in Germany.
      Have had my CHL since 2004 and just this year renewed for 5 more yrs. Been married 46 years. Was in Scouting 17 yrs. I do frequently visit other gun forums and have always wondered why BFA didn't have one. Now I can stop wondering. Welcome !
      The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not

NRA Endowment Life..Buckeye Firearms..US Army Veteran,1962-68..American Legion Funeral Honor Guard...

Comment

Terry Jeffries here, attended Mercer County's first ever CCW Class after being a PITA to all the political opposition to legal concealed carry here in Ohio for as long as I can remember :wink:

Had the pleasure of meeting several of the folks from BFA at the recent LTC David Grossman seminar, and look forward to meeting the rest of you in the future
        "How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"-- Alexander Solzhenitzyn

Comment

Hey everyone.

Chad in Bexley/Columbus. Just picked up my first gun last week, S&W Sigma 9mm. I see what they mean when they talk about the trigger. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Looking into indoor ranges for practice so I can eventually get CCW
          Drink more beer.

Comment

I am SO glad to finally see a BFA Forum! 'Bout freakin' time, CHAD!

At any rate, I am in NW Ohio...specifically Tiffin. I am an NRA Instructor and all-around enthusiast specifically with self-defense related shooting (IDPA, etc.). Although recently, I was introduced to Trap and I believe I may have found another place to spend firearms related cash.

In addition, I am a graduate student at the University of Findlay and will be starting work on my PhD next summer. Yes, I am a glutton for punishment!

My wife is an ICU nurse and we have two daughters; AKA the REAL reasons I carry!

ETA: People may recognize me from my avatar but the only places I use this screen name is here and XDTalk.

Comment

Just here to introduce myself as a new member of the forum.
              Dedicated to the legally arming of the ones who earn and deserve it.

Ken Dean

Comment

Hi folks,

My name is Ken Dean. I'm in IT Tech Support and live in Columbus, Ohio with my wife and daughter (the real reason I carry).
                Yes, I do have my CCW.

Ken

Comment

Howdy, all, Buckshot here.

First CCW issued in May 2004 (money went for April before end of month got there). Long time carrier under the Prudent Man Doctrine before we got CCW. Agitated and talked to people and wrote letters for Congresscritters for at least 13 years before it happened.

NRA Life Member. Not always my favorite, but I LIKE being a member of the 800 lb. gorilla!

Shooter and reloader (98% rifle and pistol, 2% shotgun) since 1971.

03 (C&R) FFL Holder.

Accumulator of firearms and collector of Infantry Rifles.

NRA Certified Instructor in Rifle, Pistol, Home Firearm Safety and Personal Protection in the Home. Want PPOTH, but never have the money and time available when someone has that course scheduled. I sometimes think the NRA is TRYING IT'S BEST to discourage anyone from taking that course.

NRA Range Safety Officer. Was an IDPA Safety Officer but membership has expired and I never heard about it from IDPA. If they can't even bother sending a notice I won't give them my money.

Boy Scout Rifle Shooting Merit Badge Counselor, Black Swamp Council, though the rating seems to be good anywhere for Scouts.

Instructor and Coach at the Lima Sabres Shooting Assn. Jr. Rifle Program, where we still teach NRA 4 position shooting with .22 target rifles between early May and late September every Tuesday evening. We provide everything with no fee, the kids just have to show up and shoot.

Instructor and Range Master with DTA, Inc. (Defense Training Academy, Inc.) and one of 6 instructors (three OPOTA and three NRA) that put on a CCW class the first Saturday of each month and an occasional advanced class, but with all the financial stuff going on, this is getting harder to pull off all the time.

Very interested in the Appleseed Program with very bad luck about being able to attend one of their shoots so far.

That pile of stuff should give you all a good nap.

Buckshot
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  Copyright as of date of post
                  All rights reserved by author

Comment

Dedicated to the legally arming of the ones who earn and deserve it.

OK...gonna nit pick you here.

What do you mean by the bolded area above? I'll let you explain before I assume you mean something you don't want to mean on a firearms forum...

Comment

Don Maher
                      Sebring Ohio

CHL Holder
                      Member NRA

Ford & ASE Master Tech

Comment

Collin Rink
                        Cincinnati Regional Leader for BFA
                        Hamilton County Republican Party Central Committee
                        Hamilton County Republican Party Executive Committee
                        Blue Chip Young Republicans, Vice Chairman
                        Member, Indian Hill Gun Club
                        Member, Eastern Hills Rod and Gun Club

I'm a Cop.
                        BFA SW Ohio Regional Leader

Comment

Welcome aboard everyone. We are very happy to have you drop by our new home, and hopefully you'll make a nice place to hang your hats as well.
                          2009 NRA "Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award" recipient
                          Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
                          Buckeye Firearms Association's Vice President
                          NRA Benefactor Member, NRA Certified Instructor, NRA-EVC, Realtor

Comment

Roy here.

20 years in the Air Force.

Now in northern Preble county.
                            CHL holder in good standing along with
                            my daughter and son in law.

NRA instructor, got trained by Mad Duck.

A family that shoots together stays together.

Comment

Rick here. Nice to come on board.

Northwest Coshocton county.

CHL holder for 2 years in good standing
                              NRA member
                              Life member of NAHC

Hunter, Reloader

CNC Machinist by trade.

Comment

Hello my name is Mike
                                Kent Ohio
                                Teamster (steward)