Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another new guy who had been around a while...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new guy who had been around a while...

Hi everyone - I've been a "member" here for a while and have been lurking and getting a feel for the place. I like what I've seen! Ya'll are a well reasoned bunch of folks who generally seem to share the same views on guns that I do.

I decided to list my "credentials" in my signature - but I'm not the type to blow smoke either... so I'll say up-front that I've been shooting since I was 7 years old, but have only been an instructor for a little over 1 year now. I decided to take the plunge after repeatedly being asked to teach family and friends how to shoot. I liked it, and wanted to be sure I was doing it correctly. Getting my certs was fun, and led me down the path to teaching CCW. The rest, as they say....

I teach CCW classes in Logan County, at a range in Bellefontaine we now call home. Classes are co-taught with an instructor friend of mine. We have a lot of fun doing the classes, and the people have been great.

Anyway, I look forward to making some new friends here, and even learning a thing or two!
    Bow, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle... If there was a knife season, I would hunt then too

Μολὼν λαβέ

Ohio CHL Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    BSA Rangemaster/Instructor

OutdrzMan:

Welcome aboard!

(Can't believe nobody responded to you yesterday....)

Plenty of good people and useful information here, and we're always glad to have knew knowledgeable folks, too!

I've been carrying for something over 40 years now - semi-retired rent-a-cop and computer guy - so you can't teach me anything :mrgreen:, but I do listen anyway.

Regards,
    <t>Stu<br><br>(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)<br><br>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE<br><br>יזכר לא עד פעם</t>

Comment

Welcome OutdrzMan!

Glad you're here!
      What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson to James Madison

Comment

Outdrzman,

Welcome, welcome...The learning never stops as I am quite sure you know.. Good to have you with us.. Jump in anytime ..I'm sure you will have much to add to most discussions..
        The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not

NRA Endowment Life..Buckeye Firearms..US Army Veteran,1962-68..American Legion Funeral Honor Guard...

Comment

oreos ??????
          We can rebuild him, we can make him stronger, we can make him faster, we can make him politically correct..NOT !!!

"Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office."

Comment

welcome, and kudos for becoming an instructor and helping others discover their gun rights! 8)
            NRA Endowment
            GOA Life
            SAF Life
            Buckeye Firearms Assoc
            Ohioans for Concealed Carry
            Oregon Firearms Federation
            Maryland Shall Issue
            Colorado Second Amendment Assoc

Comment

Welcome to BFA, OutdrzMan!!
              NRA Member
              NRA Certified Instructor
              NRA Range Safety Officer
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Sorry about the late welcome but welcome from Akron none the less. You will find plenty of good info and as you pointed out good people as well.
                We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Μολὼν λαβέ
                Res Ipsa Loquitur

Comment

welcome, and thanks for dedicating your time to the BSA firearms instruction! ... That's where I fell in love with shooting sports and the outdoors.

Thank You!
                  US NAVY VETERAN
                  Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
                  Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
                  NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"

Comment

I've got a late welcome as well, but welcome nonetheless!
                    NRA Life Benefactor Member; GOA; NRA Certified Firearm Instructor; NRA RSO; Attorney; FOP; GOP; LEO; Sailor

Self-Defense/CHL Law, BP, HFS, PPIH Instructor
                    RKBA, LLC - Founder, Co-President

Comment

oreos ??????

RICH!! You're gonna have to quit hittin' up the new folks for "cookies"...'sides...it's choclate chip week :P
                      BFA Leader
                      NRA-EVC Ohio 6th
                      NRA Benefactor member
                      Southern Ohio
                      NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

Comment

oreos ??????

RICH!! You're gonna have to quit hittin' up the new folks for "cookies"...'sides...it's choclate chip week :P
                        How about brownies Can we hit people up for brownies?
                        "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance;
                        they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
                        -- George Washington

Comment

Working...
                        X