Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stu, Peaches sounds like the boss there. Lol.. The boss here would be Zuez, our 1/2 Siamese guy. He's an indoor/outdoor boy. He doesn't put up with anything, from anybody. LOl..

Thanks to WileyCoyote & revmak. I have met a few of those good people. We're 12 miles west of Wooster, in Ashland couty. Anyone close to that? If so, I'd love to shoot with some of you. Plus, any horse people here? I need some people to ride with too.

Terry
    Proud member of the National Rifle Association

Comment

Here's Zuez the King!

Comment

Terry:

Sammy won't come out from under the desk....

(Took him to the Vet today. The Vet is going to look for work as a lion tamer. Apparently safer ....)

(Zeuz is cute.... But don't tell him that! )

Regards,
        <t>Stu<br><br>(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)<br><br>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE<br><br>יזכר לא עד פעם</t>

Comment

Terry,

Welcome aboard BFA: Where dog & gun nuts are certainly welcome! Enjoy your time on the board!

(full disclosure I have a Dog & 2 Cats... But, I am definitely a Dog person... :wink: )

Viking
          US NAVY VETERAN
          Navy Qualified Tactical Action Officer
          Navy Qualified Sharpshooter (Pistol, Rifle)
          NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

"Vigilia aeterna est pretium libertatis"

Comment

Stu, I'd say you've been trained. Lol..

Viking, good to meet you. I love both, but am a dog person when outside "roughing" it. Here's a pic of our last big girl. She had to be put down last summer. Am looking for another.

We got her at 7 weeks, and she passed at 14 years old. She's sure missed.

Comment

looks like a great dog, ...but that's a shame she is gone, dogs are such loyal friends...
              NRA Endowment
              GOA Life
              SAF Life
              Buckeye Firearms Assoc
              Ohioans for Concealed Carry
              Oregon Firearms Federation
              Maryland Shall Issue
              Colorado Second Amendment Assoc

Comment

Wiley, she was a wonderful dog, friend, & family member! A little boy from up the road, used to come down and play with her. She see him and run full out towards him. Then she'd bow down so he could reach her ears well. She loved the ear rubs he gave her. She was a very gentle girl. But she would protect if you needed it.

Comment

Terry:

Sammy is our third dog in 35 years of marriage, but the first puppy. The first was a terrier-poodle mix who basically didn't know how to be a problem. Other than a "pet me or I'll kill you" attitude, and a tendency to wander around the neighborhood after going through the fence. (He was small enough, and the chicken-wire holes were big enough....) Phone calls of the "are you looking for Spunky?" variety were welcomed. One night, nobody called.... I figured that he was a goner, and Sherri decided to go shopping (gotta be some meaning there). I was bottle-feeding Becka (who's 25 now, just for some perspective) the next morning, when I heard a whining on the back porch. A dirty black mess standing there.... (Spunky was all white.) Yup - I don't know where he was that night. bit he was smiling.... Bought a better fence ....

#2 was a cocker spaniel who didn't know the difference between grass and carpeting, and really hated being left alone. Otherwise a great dog if you were good at carpet cleaning.... Basically just a rug that ate, though - it took her a year or so to figure out that she was supposed to be territorial....

Sammy, the first puppy (the other two were at least a year old when we got 'em), is just Sammy.... Always into something.... Becka was visiting my sister in Dallas one Christmas Vacation, and they decided that us empty-nesters (Becka was a college student, living in Columbus, with my other sister, at the time) needed a pet. The Dallas sister has a postage stamp ranch, with some horses at the time, and one of the hands was breeding JRT's, so they bought Sammy for us. Becka flew him back to Columbus, and then about a week later, showed up in our house. "Daddy, his name is Sammy. He's 13 weeks. Bye...." Not a word from him (or my sister) until the night before. So, there I am holding a six pound puppy.... Fortunately, he was almost trained, and just a great little puppy.... He's still (at about seven) very active.... They tell me that JRT's slow down after they die.... I believe it!

(What's nuts is when Peaches body-blocks him on the way into the utility room to get let outside.... Her food is in there.... He's got at least ten pounds on her.... Given that grandkids are unlikely, it's fun....)

Sammy's been a minor problem for the little kids in the family - we have to keep him from them. He wouldn't deliberately hurt them, but the oldest is six, and he doesn't quite get it. The last time we had any of them here (mom's got six great-grandchildren, with one more due any minute now) the two oldest spent the whole visit trying to find the cats, who had enough sense to hide.... Sammy stayed in his "room"....

Regards,
                  <t>Stu<br><br>(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)<br><br>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE<br><br>יזכר לא עד פעם</t>

Comment

Stu, your siggy is true huh? Lol..

I don't have time to write a book, but will say Sammy sounds like a real pistol. No pun intended. Oh youngest dog, a Mimipin, is a live wire too. I taught her to hunt varmints, like mice, rats, etc. She's very good at it and won't hesitate to kill.

Anyway, will tell about all our fur-babies, past and present, when I get time. Have to get some work done around here.

It's very nice to meet all of you.

Terry

Comment

Hello All; Just dropping in to find a little comradery(lol, i am uncertain of the spelling). My name is WaDonna. I live in Crestline. Am a lifelong 'wannabe' marksman. I would like to say thank you to all of you who keep watch over our freedoms.

Comment

Wadonna:

Welcome aboard!

Finally somebody I don't have to tell to read this thread ....

(According to my spillchucker, it's "camaraderie", but since it refuses to reject "Glock", I don't trust it. :mrgreen: )

Enjoy!

Comment

Thank you Stu............on both counts! :lol:

Comment

Hi, new member, long time shooter.

Looking at getting my CCW soon, just trying to get the wife to get one also (she's getting closer to the idea).

Will also look at getting new carry weapon(s), now just deciding between clip or wheel, have looked at many online.

Hope to see you all around the board! mjp
                            GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, TRIBE, CAVS, YSU, and yes I like ND plus GO NAVY, beat Army!!

Comment

mjp28:

Welcome aboard!

I see you probably read the sticky I always tell people about if I can, so,

Enjoy!

Comment

Hello All!

I just stopped in to say hi, and I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I'm not sure where the year went, but it'll be over before we know it.

Not sure if I can ask this, but here goes. I need some wooden, treated fence corner posts. Say 16-25 of them. If you have something I can use, please contact me privately with price, cond., and location.

Enjoy the few "nice" days we're having.

Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X