Hello from Roundtown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Roundtown

Hello my name is Dan and I live In Circleville,Ohio. Just an old disabled vet looking to protect himself so will be working on a permit before long.

welcome aboard! thanks for your service
    NRA Endowment
    GOA Life
    SAF Life
    Buckeye Firearms Assoc
    Ohioans for Concealed Carry
    Oregon Firearms Federation
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Colorado Second Amendment Assoc

Comment

Dan:

Welcome Aboard!

(And thanks for your service, too!)

There's a sticky listed in the "Forum Rules" masthead at the top of this page that you should have a look at. It's not mandatory, and may be sleep inducing, but it could give you and idea of who's here, and how this place runs.

BTW, we prefer to call it a "license", not a "permit". "Permit" implies begging somebody for permission to do something. "License" is rather a recognition of our status, training, etc. (And probably a dozen other things that I can't remember right now .)

See if you can squeeze in some range time before heading to class, too, just to get the edge off a little, and read the Attorney General's "booklet" ahead of time, too. The more you study, the more questions, I suppose, but it might help you.

If you're not into firearms all that much, feel free to ask about choices, too. Or get carpet-bombed with "don't buy that!" messages .... We tend to get carried away.... (Plenty of good choices out there.)

Don't forget, too, that your license training is just the beginning of learning how to safely use firearms.

Having a military background, you probably already know all this, of course, but just in case....

Enjoy!
      <t>Stu<br><br>(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)<br><br>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE<br><br>יזכר לא עד פעם</t>

Comment

Have had a few hand guns over the years first was a .25 Cal.Bretta that was only good for taking the skin off your thumb and throwing at someone, than Had an S&W .38 special Model 10 with the heavy barrel and now being on a fixed income just bought a Hi-Point C9 with Holster. I still have a Stevens Savage 16 ga. single shot shotgun that I paid $35.00 in New York in 1968 on my first return from Southeast Asia, and I also have a Marlin model 81 15 shot 22 LR bolt action with a 4x scope I picked up in Arizona. Last time I had to qualify with a pistol was as a rent -a -cop in Kansas using the S&W Model 10 shot 97 out of 100 but that was also 31 years ago. By the way I had already read the post you mentioned 3 pots of coffee later trying to stay awake, and I also joined the NRA thru this site.

Comment

Last time I had to qualify with a pistol was as a rent -a -cop in Kansas using the S&W Model 10 shot 97 out of 100 but that was also 31 years ago.

Dan:

I'm a semi-retired rent-a-cop, too. Among other things....

Last time I had to qualify was in the late 60's.

My FTO thought that flintlocks were just a passing fad....
          By the way I had already read the post you mentioned 3 pots of coffee later trying to stay awake, and I also joined the NRA thru this site.

You read the thing and survived? :evil:

(I'm an NRA "lifer". We DO appreciate your joining through this site, though. Thanks!)

I have a 4" S&W M10HB, btw. My "duty" gun was a 6" M19 Combat Magnum. The local PD didn't want to hear about magnum loads, but had no problem with the gun itself. Problem was that I couldn't find a 4" version - Uncle Sam was taking just about everything that S&W could make for Vietnam. A co-worker's brother owned a gun shop in Boston, and he flew in one weekend with the 6" Magnum in hand. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door with a snubbie, and needed something for soft clothes. Found the 4" M10HB locally. No problem concealing it.... (OK, I'm big .)

Both of these are pretty much the best revolvers S&W made in those days outside of custom work. Or since....

THOSE, I could shoot....

Regards,
          <t>Stu<br><br>(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)<br><br>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE<br><br>יזכר לא עד פעם</t>

Comment

Working...
          X