New kid on the block

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New kid on the block

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Stuart Collins and I am from Lima OH but currently am living in Toledo OH, where I attend graduate school. Im somewhat new to the firearms hobby, but I recently took up reloading to help fund my shooting expenditures. If you have any questions Im more than willing to help, but Im basically a novice at this point.

Welcome

Comment

Stu:

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky referenced in the "Forum Rules" masthead at the top of this page that you might want to look at. It's not mandatory, and may be hazardous to your health, but it also explains who the little dog in my avatar is....

Everybody is a beginner once.... I've been at this for about 45 years, but just started reloading last October. Some friends and I bought the whole setup about 40 years ago, but somebody's mom or wife objected to gunpowder in the basement, and that was the end of that. I finally took the plunge.... Naturally, when I went and picked up the stuff, hoping to get it downstairs before the wife got home from work, she was sitting in the recliner when I got home.... "Stu, we've got to talk...." So, half an hour later, with the car sitting wide open and packages all over the place, I managed to get it inside. She'd gotten hurt at work, as it turned out, but she likes to "talk things out." This results in calling her mom if she has the urge to go to the bathroom....

Anyway, somehow, I beat the November crunch, and have been able to keep shooting thus far. Components were a little hard to find, though.

We have experts, both real and self-appointed, here that can help you with anything, and would welcome your input (and comments), too, on just about anything.

Enjoy!
      <t>Stu<br><br>(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)<br><br>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE<br><br>יזכר לא עד פעם</t>

Comment

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Stuart Collins and I am from Lima OH but currently am living in Toledo OH, where I attend graduate school. Im somewhat new to the firearms hobby, but I recently took up reloading to help fund my shooting expenditures. If you have any questions Im more than willing to help, but Im basically a novice at this point.

Just wondering - are you reloading for your own use (cutting your costs, sort of), or reloading for others (to fund your shooting expenditures)?
        --
        James Beatty

Comment

welcome stuart! you'll see we have a reloading section on the forum.
          NRA Endowment
          GOA Life
          SAF Life
          Buckeye Firearms Assoc
          Ohioans for Concealed Carry
          Oregon Firearms Federation
          Maryland Shall Issue
          Colorado Second Amendment Assoc

Comment

Working...
          X