Hello Everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I have been reading the forum for awhile and have finally taken the plunge to sign up and participate. Im fairly new to firearms been shooting for about a year now. Looking forward to interacting with everyone. Catch you all around

Hey Greg...somewhat new here myself, but WELCOME.....
    NRA / ILA Member

Comment

Greg:

Welcome Aboard! There's a sticky referenced in the "Forum Rules" masthead at the top of this page that you should have a look at, but it's not mandatory. It probably is sleep inducing.... Just to give you some idea of who's here and how this board works.

I've been carrying for something like 45 years, but I'd stopped shooting other than once in a while some years ago. I had to get a CHL back in 2004, and when we hit the range, I realized I'd forgotten how much fun it was. Cost me a pile (new guns, Rod & Gun Club, etc.), but no regrets. I'm on the range about every week now.

DO find a club or a nice range you can spend time on regularly, and plan on getting more education than just the CHL course. Gotta be something in/near Warren.... The "American Range" in North Jackson shouldn't be too far for you, either.

Regards,
      <t>Stu<br><br>(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)<br><br>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE<br><br>יזכר לא עד פעם</t>

Comment

Thanks ohio frank and stu i have been to that range a couple times. I would love to join a club and get allot more practice in
        but between working 2nd shift and kids it makes it tough to get out very often.

Comment

Greg:

I'm semi-retired, but Larry closing about an hour early one Sunday before I got there from Boardman finally convinced me to join the Lowellville club. It's a lot closer to me, too....

I'm sure there's a club in your area, although which one eludes me (like just about everything else ) right now. Second shift does kind of limit you to weekends, too, if you're not working weekends. There are a couple more guys here (or on OFCC) who also shoot out at American.

If the kids are too young to shoot with you (my daughter comes out once in a while, but she was just about 21 the first time we managed to do it - she's in Columbus now), you could lock 'em in the trunk, I suppose ....

(Becka likely would have found a way to get out, hot wired the car, and headed for the nearest Mall....)

I didn't make the range last week, and had to load some more tonight just to calm down :mrgreen:.... I think it's contagious....

Speaking of malls.... I had a chance to grab a house on a lake for (relatively) peanuts a few years ago. Another club member wanted to move closer to civilization. The wife noted that it would double her work commute and was totally unacceptable because she couldn't see the smoke from a mall there.... Our last house was about two miles from the mall....

(About 4 miles now, since we moved in 2009, but since she insists on using a car, not a big deal. Much more than that, and guess who has to take her .)

We moved in with my mom in 2009 to help take care of her - she was about 95 at the time. Mom then decided to "winter" in El Paso and never bothered to come back.... I think it was my cooking....

Regards,
          <t>Stu<br><br>(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)<br><br>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE<br><br>יזכר לא עד פעם</t>

Comment

ahhhh kookies ????
            We can rebuild him, we can make him stronger, we can make him faster, we can make him politically correct..NOT !!!

"Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office."

Comment

Welcome..

Comment

welcome aboard greg!
                NRA Endowment
                GOA Life
                SAF Life
                Buckeye Firearms Assoc
                Ohioans for Concealed Carry
                Oregon Firearms Federation
                Maryland Shall Issue
                Colorado Second Amendment Assoc