BREAKING NEWS: House panel votes out bill ending concealed carry licensing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING NEWS: House panel votes out bill ending concealed carry licensing

BFA, Look like clean bill will be going to the House, you going to get on full bore right now and pass this bill? We have momentum, lets gitter done! HeeHaw! Lets do this!

COLUMBUS, Ohio — An Ohio House committee has approved proposed legislation to give Ohioans the legal right to carry concealed firearms without obtaining training or a license.

The House Federalism Committee sent the bill to the Republican dominated House on a 7-4 vote Wednesday. Three Democrats and Republican Rep. Ryan Smith voted against the measure. The panel voted 6-5 to remove a Republican-sponsored amendment requiring licensed firearms dealers to give purchasers a leaflet describing state gun laws after a pro-gun group and Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder objected.

Law enforcement and prosecuting attorney groups oppose the bill, especially a provision removing the duty of gun owners to tell police officers they’re carrying a concealed weapon.

Sixteen other states have laws allowing gun owners to carry concealed weapons without first obtaining a license.

https://fox8.com/2019/06/26/house-pa...rry-licensing/
    I carry a firearm because a cop is too heavy and takes too many breaks.

Montani Semper Liberi - (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

Now, you know I'm on your side here. Heck, just now came in to do my administrator incantation and approve this new thread. But, you don't seem to understand the snail's pace the Ohio General Assembly "works" at.

Summer recess (aptly named by the way) is coming up soonish. This won't come up for a whole House vote before that. In fact, they probably won't schedule the next round of hearings (there WILL be more hearings) until after recess.

If the bill survives that part of the sausage making intact (it probably won't) and comes to a full House vote, then it goes to the Senate end of the building and more of the same nonsense takes place. Likely the Senate will come up with a different version, which if/when passed will have to be agreed to by the House.

They've got until about December 20, 2020 to do this and get it to the Governor for a signature. And that's probably about how long they will take

By the way, word out of Columbus is that DeWine doesn't like some provisions of this bill already.
    <t>"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers. <br><br> Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''<br><br>--CAR15A2, 3/31/09</t>

Comment

We have NEVER gotten pro gun legislation passed before lame duck in Ohio... There is still a long row to hoe here.
      Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Originally posted by brian d. View Post
        Now, you know I'm on your side here. Heck, just now came in to do my administrator incantation and approve this new thread. But, you don't seem to understand the snail's pace the Ohio General Assembly "works" at.

Summer recess (aptly named by the way) is coming up soonish. This won't come up for a whole House vote before that. In fact, they probably won't schedule the next round of hearings (there WILL be more hearings) until after recess.

If the bill survives that part of the sausage making intact (it probably won't) and comes to a full House vote, then it goes to the Senate end of the building and more of the same nonsense takes place. Likely the Senate will come up with a different version, which if/when passed will have to be agreed to by the House.

They've got until about December 20, 2020 to do this and get it to the Governor for a signature. And that's probably about how long they will take

By the way, word out of Columbus is that DeWine doesn't like some provisions of this bill already.

And we will fight every part of the way. Even it the House leader pushes it to the Judicial Committee, they will be hearing it from me.

This is the first time it has ever made it out of this committee for 25 years it was first ever introduced. That’s Bullshit. Enough is enough.

As far DeWine goes, I don’t think he will sign anything CC related. He’s an Authoritarian. He loves regulations and Big State Regulations and Restrictions on Ohioans.

W.Va. Governor vetoed their bill at the time, but state Congress over rode his Veto and it is now state law and has EVERYTHING this bill has in it and more. The opposers said they would be blood in street, and cops would be murdered. IT’S A LIE!

There is absolutely NO REASON ANY SO CALLED REPUBLICAN SHOULD BE AGAINST THIS BILL. This is reinstating the FREEDOMS of Ohioans

They told us they would support these bills if we supported them. This what we are told this is something the Democrats had majority would do, but they don’t. REPUBLICANS are in charge, the people who told us everyday, they support the true meaning of the 2A and the Constitution.

The BFA should be there with us hand in hand demanding this bill to be passed. NO IF, AND, OR BUTS ABOUT IT! And Don’t give me I just don’t understand stand how the sausage is made. I know how it’s made, and it screwing the FREEDOMS, RIGHTS AND LIBERTIES Of Ohioians and have for decades.

STAND UP AND FIGHT, these people who WORK FOR US!

DO NOT COMPROMISE ON ANYTHING IN THIS BILL. WE WANT OUR RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS BACK!

If we work together, we can get this done.

Let’s get to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          We have NEVER gotten pro gun legislation passed before lame duck in Ohio... There is still a long row to hoe here.

Why won’t or wouldn’t the BFA even try to fail?

You never even put up a fight before and it sounds like you still aren’t willing to fight!? Why is that exactly?

BFA’s silence on this issue has been deafening.

Who are the politicians BFA protecting and why?

Why do you not stand up to the Ohio’s Paternal Order of Police? Is it because they Send money your way for training their cops? You have Banquets and donate a much of money?

Our Constitution isn’t about protecting the state, it’s about the restricting the power of the state and protecting the citizens from the state, always has been. Too many people believe the state is there to protect them when it is clearly not. Too bad the police are scared of law abiding citizens, they shouldn’t be. Criminals will do what they want to with or without any laws. You know that, we know that.

Who side are you really on here?

Comment

Maybe YOU haven't, but WE have

Eight years ago today Governor Kasich signed Restaurant Carry into law, only six month into the legislative session.
            "It is only when you do not have hope in a society that you join a suicide bomber team."
            - George W. Bush

Comment

Well this forum software is equal opportunity garbage. I had to approve your post too, Chuck.
              <t>"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers. <br><br> Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''<br><br>--CAR15A2, 3/31/09</t>

Comment

Originally posted by brian d. View Post
                Well this forum software is equal opportunity garbage. I had to approve your post too, Chuck.
                Is it gonna be fixed and changed or are you going to just keep doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by chuck View Post

Eight years ago today Governor Kasich signed Restaurant Carry into law, only six month into the legislative session.
                  Just got an update news E-MAIL from BFA and NOTHING on the Concealed Carry bill. In fact, a lot of it was in last weeks updates.You think this isn't speaking volume? This doesn't seem like what any Freedom loving pro--2A organization would do to me. This is the exact Same crap the NRA does.Then takes all the credit if does pass into law. This is a disgrace if you ask me and a damn shame so many are paying for this selfishness and incompetence in the lack of supporting the true intent of the 2nd Amendment. I just hope members see this and pick up the torch themselves to help fight this treachery by Republicans in the Ohio Committees and both Houses. Election season is coming and we are taking names and a pen to kick out the weak and backstabbers in the primaries. Tired of the lies. Call your Reps today and tell them to support HB178 as is, no Amendments or gutting this bill if and when they will need too.

See,BFA, that wasn't hard.

Are you gonna let these folks dictate the freedoms and rights of Ohio Gun owners?
                  https://ohioceasefire.org/2019/05/stop-hb-178/

Stand up and fight.

Comment

Originally posted by wvriflemannoh View Post

Is it gonna be fixed and changed or are you going to just keep doing this?
                    I'm just a bouncer/doorman here. Looked like Aaron was swarmed with all the spam posts so I volunteered to help out in that regard. He made me an Administrator, but don't let the title fool you.

It's like my dad used to say about bank Vice Presidents: "They give 'em a title instead of a raise. That guy over there is probably VP of Taking Out The Garbage."

Comment

Chuck, you know damn well that legislation was done during the Strickland administration...and basically held over for Kasich. That was an anomaly, and when I said "we" I was not talking about an entity, I was talking about Ohio. Many people worked on SB17 for a very long time.

Chuck has not met the minimum number of posts since I helped him regain access to his profile, I would expect he has a few more posts to be approved before it will stop putting them in the queue. As for wvriflemannoh... STILL cannot figure out why his profile is forcing his posts into the moderation queue after all this time, and many posts. I went back into his profile again the other day and reviewed all the permissions. I cannot find anything out of the ordinary to indicate why. Everything looks correct. I have made multiple attempts to figure out what is going on with your profile WV, you are the only one this is happening to...so you must feel special

Next step is to search the support forums for vBulletin and see if anyone else has had a similar issue, and how they resolved it. If I can't find anything there, I'll submit an inquiry to the support team.

Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

WV, you are the only one this is happening to...
                        No he's not the only one, it is happening to me as well, and I got the impression from other discussion/comments with others that we are not alone.
                        Christian, Husband, Father
                        NRA Life Member
                        NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
                        NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Comment

Yep, and I just now approved your post, JaS.

Comment

Chuck, you know damn well that legislation was done during the Strickland administration...and basically held over for Kasich. That was an anomaly, and when I said "we" I was not talking about an entity, I was talking about Ohio. Many people worked on SB17 for a very long time.
                            See, here's the thing about this group.
                            You post "NEVER" in capital letters; I post a well known fact disputing that.
                            And your response makes it sound as though I am the one being deceptive.

We don't need to wait for the lame duck
                            We SHOULDN'T wait for the lame duck.
                            And if waiting for the lame duck is why we haven't heard from BFA on this legislation, I say that's a poor strategy.

Chuck has not met the minimum number of posts since I helped him regain access to his profile
                            I have 81 posts; how many posts does it take? (most places use five or so)
                            I suspect the setting you are looking for is in your general settings, not individual profiles.
                            All members must be approved who are not staff, something like.
                            Good luck with that, Forums, eh?
                            "It is only when you do not have hope in a society that you join a suicide bomber team."
                            - George W. Bush

Comment

And thanks to not seeing it sooner, I just now approved Chuck's post.

Comment

Working...
                              X