Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio Dewine supports ERPO’s Background Checks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Dewine supports ERPO’s Background Checks.

Are you kidding me?

Didn't take long for Dewine to show his true colors.

And he shows his his appreciation of the BFA for your support?

Wow.

I carry a firearm because a cop is too heavy and takes too many breaks.

Montani Semper Liberi - (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

Let's hear BFA wiggle out of this one.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Comment

Does not surprise me at all. The guy was NRA "F" for a reason.

Comment

Any protests planned for the Statehouse yet?

Comment

BFA didn't "support" anything. We had no idea what DeWine was going to propose before he proposed it. We've been consulting with the administration on why "red flag" laws are no good and why we can't support them, same for background checks for personal transfers. We've also been telling them they should focus on actual crime and on mental health. They appear to be listening, because they talked a lot about that. Right after the press conference we spoke with Husted and told him the background checks were a no go and we would not support that. We asked if there was an actual bill to read about the protection orders, and he said no. So we'll see if there is due process or not, but again, we made it crystal clear that if it's anything like Kasich's red flag bill or any other similar bill, we won't support that either.

I have no clue why anyone would think we're doing any different. We've written endless articles about red flag laws and background checks. Anyone who follows us or gets our newsletter should know this.

By the way, Ohio Gun Collectors and OFCC were also in the room. It was a public press conference. Lots of people were there.

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/curr...lized-properly

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/univ...n-or-elsewhere
          <t></t>

Comment

We had no idea what DeWine was going to propose before he proposed it.
            Seriously? You guys are the only ones who didn't know. We have discussed DeWine's anti-freedom legislative record ad nauseum here and everywhere. He had an "F" rating from the NRA. Then he wanted to be governor, and told BFA leadership a pack of lies and got an endorsement in the primaries. Everyone tried to worn you guys, but no you all were to smart for us.

Please don't get defensive over this post. Everyone knows what happened. Just try to fix it, and don't let him fool you again.
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

He had an "F" rating from the NRA.

When was that?
              He also had an "A" rating from the NRA. (Before the F)
              Grades are not lifetime things. They change as performance changes, just like yours did in school. Just like every other politician. Grades are good for one election cycle.
              But you already knew all that didn't you.

Comment

1, The NRA has lost all credibility in anything firearm related in the grading system when the NRA has a D rating themselves when it comes to protecting the true intent of the 2nd Amendment.

2, Anyone who ever had a grade less than an A, CAN NOT NOT BE TRUSTED WITH OUR RIGHTS, period. I mean, this is the NRA grading system, so even that is ominous.

3. "
                The NRA gave DeWine a 46 percent in 2000, an 8 percent in 2006 and an F in 2010.

DeWine supported multiple gun control measures while a senator, including restrictions on sales at gun shows and the assault weapons ban."

https://www.politifact.com/ohio/stat...-said-mike-de/

4. Maybe you should do your research better Jim and maybe you wouldn't be supporting candidates that are not friends of our 2nd Amendment rights Jim.

5. THE MAN SUPPORTED AN "ASSAULT WEAPONS" BAN JIM, DO YOU THINK HE REALLY CHANGED HIS MIND?
                How in hell did you miss that fact?

6. Are you ready to see the light yet Jim? Dewine is not your friend.
                Last edited by wvriflemannoh; 08-14-2019, 09:28 AM. Reason: o

Comment

You think Cordray and Sutton would be doing things you like better?
                  Have you seen the proposals out of the D's that supported them?
                  Didn't miss that fact. Have you looked at what he's done since? Have you looked at what he did as AG? How in heck did you miss those facts?
                  Are you ready to look at the last decade, or are you forever stuck in the past?

Comment

What problem did you / BFA have with Mary Taylor, exactly ?

Just because you support someone you think might be a Loser to you, doesn’t mean you support a loser on our 2A rights.

if you would have supported Taylor and got her recognition, who knows what might have happened.

DeWine played you and still is.

Comment

Any reference that I make about BFA endorsing DeWine is about the primary election. I don't think anyone here thinks that Cordry should have been endorsed. Maybe you guys got too close to DeWine to see his true colors, but they are shining real bright now. I know BFA has officially stated that it does not support the red flag and background check for private sales proposals, but has DeWine been told that he will not be endorsed again if he continues to push those laws?
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

We had nothing bad to say about Mary Taylor. She was "A" rated.
                        So was DeWine.
                        But one of them did a lot more to help our cause than the other for the eight years leading up to that election.
                        You want good behavior, you better recognize it and reward it.
                        Some people never reconcile the way they wish the world was to the way it really is. That is dangerous/deadly in politics.

Yea, I know what DeWine said. I was in the room and don't need to read the false narratives in the media.
                        Governor DeWine knows our stand on the issues.
                        As far as legislation goes, there is no bill to read or comment on. All this yelling and complaining here accomplished nothing. Working on endorsed candidate campaigns does.
                        Devil is in the details. We'll see what is drafted and go from there.

Comment

There should be no details in any Red Flag laws or UBC Jim, these laws in any form are dangerous. That's the problem you are not seeing here.

You are waiting to see what kind of Draconian bill they think up when you should be saying DON'T BOTHER, NONE OF IT IS ACCEPTABLE OR CONSTITUTIONAL.

No, we shouldn't be reconciling on our rights, they are not up for debate or to be compromised on. If you believe that then why in hell are you here?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

The people fear their Government Jim. From the IRS, to the EPA To the ATF, and you think compromising and coddling the politicians will make them see things your way and will make us free-er? The want more power, more authority and more tyranny over the American people. It needs to stop.

These politicians are not your friend, they are users, abusers, liars and charlatans who will enslave you faster than you can blink an eye. If you think otherwise, then I have some ocean front property in AZ I'd like to sell you.

What makes this even more disgusting is, we are talking about REPUBLICANS trashing our individual rights, liberties and freedoms not the Democrats, that told us they would never do that!

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." - Patrick Henry, speech of June 5 1788

I heard there might be some sort of rally at the state house in early to mid Sept, you gonna be there and inform your members so they can CHOOSE to be there? Or, are you gonna sit on your hands and just play with your own ball and pout?

Comment

If you know know so much about what will be in the Governor's yet to be written bill, then you are far smarter than I. Go buy some winning lottery tickets, buy your own private island, and be King with the perfect rules for a utopian society. All I ask is that you send me a post card now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by jirvine View Post
                              If you know know so much about what will be in the Governor's yet to be written bill, then you are far smarter than I. Go buy some winning lottery tickets, buy your own private island, and be King with the perfect rules for a utopian society. All I ask is that you send me a post card now and then.
                              Why are you so defensive Jim?

Are you saying you can accept some sort of Red Flag Gun Confiscation laws?

If not, then why can’t you say, no, we will never accept any Red Flag Gun Confiscation Laws? Which, Rieck did in this article. Are you saying Rieck know so much he should get a Lottery Ticket?

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/stat...e-and-violence

Glad to finally see that Jim, btw.

Dewine gave you an outline of what he wants. BFA REPORTED ON THEM. You don’t read your own articles?

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/qa-g...ety-initiative

You can’t even comment on that and say it’s not acceptable? Which you did, and why don’t understand why you are attacking me?

Or, are you saying we can COMPROMISE on some of our rights, let’s see what you have and see what we can do and still say we support the 2A and the Bill Of Rights? Buddy!

You’re acting very juvenile Jim, why is that?

BTW, what Dean Rieck did is all I wanted. . Appreciate that.

Now, to get you to play well with others in the Ohio Pro-2A community so we can unite to stop all of these attacks on our Constitutional Laws..

Have a great day Jim.

P.S. If we do not unite, we will lose.

Comment

Working...
                              X