Those who Support Gun Control while in Office are a One Term only

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those who Support Gun Control while in Office are a One Term only

You better Believe anyone in Political Office who Supports any kind of Gun Control Legislation is a One term in that Office.
    You give into say the Red Flag Laws next it will be something else for Gun Control. And to that others and I say No Thank You....

I think the Republicans are now saying look, we know the Democrats are going full bore Communists, we can go more center left, the way we really wanted it for a long time. What are the American people going to do? Support the Commies, or us?

I've always said the Democrats are getting us to Communism in a speed boat and the GOP in a pontoon boat, but either way, we are getting there. Now, it looks like all of them are in the same boat.

America is doomed.

Freedom, liberty and individual rights are being assaulted by all sides that I never thought I'd ever see in my lifetime. We haven't learned a damn thing from history and the tyrants in charge know that!

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" - Patrick Henry
    I carry a firearm because a cop is too heavy and takes too many breaks.

Montani Semper Liberi - (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

Comment

After listening to DeWine yesterday on 1420AM, I very strongly believe that we would have been better off with Richard Cordray. Cordray would not have been able to get gun control passed due to the republicans in the general assembly, but DeWine just may be able to get gun control laws passed.

I think that making DeWine a one term Governor is not enough. There must be procedures started to remove him from office now. Will BFA help with an effort to remove DeWine from office?
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Thus far...no discussion in that direction. Can't say that won't be a final move on our part tho. Plenty of us are angry over current developments.
        Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Originally posted by liberty View Post
          After listening to DeWine yesterday on 1420AM, I very strongly believe that we would have been better off with Richard Cordray. Cordray would not have been able to get gun control passed due to the republicans in the general assembly, but DeWine just may be able to get gun control laws passed.

I think that making DeWine a one term Governor is not enough. There must be procedures started to remove him from office now. Will BFA help with an effort to remove DeWine from office?
          Im new here..and a new Member..but i would 100% support any effort to remove him...I was lied to.. Im not thinking the effort would be successful..more to send a message to other so called Conservatives that would flip on us. Keep in mind that even in the unlikely event he is removed..we would be no better off. Husted is just as corrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by RN Cindy View Post

Im new here..and a new Member..but i would 100% support any effort to remove him...I was lied to.. Im not thinking the effort would be successful..more to send a message to other so called Conservatives that would flip on us. Keep in mind that even in the unlikely event he is removed..we would be no better off. Husted is just as corrupt.
            True, and there lies the rub and I think these politicians from both parties know this now.. Where do you turn?

Comment

If you think Cordray would have been better that DeWine, you either don't know the two men, or you don't spend much time in the Statehouse.

DeWine is far better on our issue. There really is no comparison.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jirvine View Post
                If you think Cordray would have been better that DeWine, you either don't know the two men, or you don't spend much time in the Statehouse.

Jim
                I think you missed his point.. He concedes that Cordray is no friend of the 2A.. but he would have a tougher time getting Republicans to pass crazy unconstitutional laws..and a tougher time getting BFA to help him do it...

Comment

Originally posted by jirvine View Post

Jim
                  Mary Taylor would have been ten times better in the primary and you ignored her for the backstabbing Kasich 2. Why?

You knew Dewine was not a friend of the 2nd Amendment before. What did he promise you exactly?

BTW, you know what that snake is now and you still won’t withdraw your endorsement. Maybe, I should ask, what does he have against you?

Comment

Originally posted by wvriflemannoh View Post

Mary Taylor would have been ten times better in the primary and you ignored her for the backstabbing Kasich 2. Why?

You knew Dewine was not a friend of the 2nd Amendment before. What did he promise you exactly?

BTW, you know what that snake is now and you still won’t withdraw your endorsement. Maybe, I should ask, what does he have against you?
                    I dont have the inside track on all that.....? But Mary was my pick.. Kasich was a solid 2A Governor until close to the end..he reverted back to his gun ban days..

Comment

I had Mary and her campaign manager come out to the range for a meeting prior to the race. It was interesting to say the least. She had a couple different opportunities to get me solidly in her camp (this meeting being one of them) and had an EVC ready to commit then and there. Things pretty much fell apart at that meeting, however. Mary could have done more as Lt. Gov in my opinion. While it was easy to see she was on the right side of the fence, I don't recall anything she did to advance or defend 2A during her stint with kasuck. It would have went a LONG way if she'd carried some water while in that office, even if the bucket leaked.

Kasuck never had me fooled... not once was I in favor of that man being in office. I voted to endorse Strickland against him, and stand beside that decision today. Even tho he had a D next to his name, he did not lie to us when he said "if you put good bills on my desk, I will sign them as is" and SB184 (castle doctrine) was the largest piece of pro gun legislation ever signed into law in any state! When kasuck signed RR carry, I still contend, all the groundwork was laid for that during the Strickland administration... and it was blocked politically so a D could not sign another piece of pro gun legislation right before the election. Kasuck simply let that one hit his desk when he got in office so he could sign something and say "look, I'm pro gun". In reality, he blocked most pro gun bills and didn't let them even hit his desk. He gutted the ones he did sign, most notably, by taking the teeth out of the parking lot bill.

DeWine spent several yrs in an effort to change his anti gun reputation by attending the SA receptions and sportsman caucus events. He actually did some things for us as AG, but I fear he is a flag blowing in the political winds, and the winds are changing. I hoped Jon would be a guiding force when it comes to the 2A issues with this administration, and he personally promised me he would be. I await the language they will be presenting Monday with trepidation...
                      Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Wait, Mary didn't have anything in her past to convince you she would have been a better candidate, but Dewine,who has lied before, and had ACTUALLY ATTACKED our 2nd Amendment rights was better? SMH

Are you ready to revoke your endorsement of Dewine yet? That MAN IS AN EVIL Lying Authoritarian who couldn't care less about the 2nd Amendment or the Bill of Rights! No excuse not too.

Comment

Wait, Mary didn't have anything in her past to convince you she would have been a better candidate
                          Do NOT put works in my mouth... I said she could have carried water while Lt. Gov. I never once said she "didn't have anything in her past."

While Lt. Gov. under Kasich she committed to attend the flag ceremony at my youth shoot, and address the attendees after leading the pledge. Approximately 3 days or so before the event, she had a campaign person call and cancel (didn't bother calling me herself). This all happened to coincide with the 9yr old girl who lost control of the class III on a range and killed the RSO who was "assisting her." Happened like the day before her campaign manager called. So, no explanation, just last minute cancellation. Couple yrs later her explanation was "Kasich wouldn't let me do 2A stuff." I don't care if it was Kasich, or she just didn't want to attend a youth firearms event immediately after a youth accidentally killing an RSO with a machinegun was all over the news. Either way, that one incident showed me her political sway so to speak... really doesn't matter the actual reason she cancelled days before an event she was slated to speak for the opening ceremony.

Yes, I DID believe Mary was a better second amendment candidate. No, I did NOT think Mike was a "better" candidate. I, personally, thought Jon was the better candidate. Having had a beer or three with him in the past, hanging with him at the NRA convention a couple different times, shooting with him on my rifle range, holding his trap shoot fundraiser at my facility for the Gov's race Primary. I only endorsed DeWine on the TICKET which is to say, once Jon became his running mate.

So in your mind, we should aggressively speak out AGAINST and go on the ATTACK toward the very folks we are still attempting to work with to ensure we are NOT saddled with more anti gun BS... I'm glad you are not in charge. I am still holding out hope. It may yet come to that, however.... I am guessing we will find out together on Monday.

Comment

You see AAron, you’re still not getting it, having s beer and thinking you are pals is Lunacy. They are not your friends, they are not your buddy you might call on the weekend to shoot pool with. There is NO WORKING WITH THEM PROTECTING OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS ... YOU TELL THEM NO, OR ELSE YOU WILL DEFEAT THEM IN EVERY ELECTION THEY MIGHT TRY TO RUN IN. Period!

That’s incredible you actually think they are your friends. And they offended you for not calling you personally? LOL....This just shows they couldn’t care less about you. ANY OF THEM.

But good call. Smh, look what we got now.

Comment

Originally posted by daveshooter View Post
                              You better Believe anyone in Political Office who Supports any kind of Gun Control Legislation is a One term in that Office.
                              You give into say the Red Flag Laws next it will be something else for Gun Control. And to that others and I say No Thank You....
                              But that is the plan Dave. The republicans put the mechanism in place, i.e., gun owner registry (UBC) and the legal authority to confiscate guns without due process based upon mental stability. We vote them out of office because they are traitors to the Republic. Democrats get elected and have their campaign machine (Media) make movies, fake news, etc... label their political opposition and supporters as mentally unstable, and then use the structure that the republicans put in place to disarm, silence and murder them. This has been done over and over again throughout history, and now evil people are trying to do it here.
                              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Working...
                              X