This is the real purpose of red flag legislation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the real purpose of red flag legislation

As noted on BFA's front page, existing laws already provide law enforcement the tools to do everything that traitorous government officials say they need red flag laws for. However, this is the real purpose of red flag legislation: https://www.foxnews.com/us/former-ma...-antifa-report. Existing law cannot do this, but a red flag law that DeWine described to Bob Frantz on 1420 AM would. This follows the pattern of all dictatorial tyrants rise to power in places like Venezuela, USSR, Nazi Germany, China, Cuba, etc...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.

Be careful, BFA will attack you and write a hit piece for doing things that goes against their anti-gun buddies in Columbus because their power in Columbus is more important than Ohioan's gun rights.
    I carry a firearm because a cop is too heavy and takes too many breaks.

Montani Semper Liberi - (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

Comment

Problems within the current NICS system are plentiful (and I'm not here to debate the existence of NICS wvriflemannoh).

One major issue has been the lack of our court systems failing to submit the paperwork necessary to ensure criminals convicted of disqualifying crimes are actually submitted to NICS so they are unable to purchase firearms after they hit the streets.

The Cincinnati Enquirer's Jesse Balmert and Chrissie Thompson are reporting that hundreds or perhaps even thousands of felons in Ohio could still be allowed to pass a background check to purchase a firearm, all because dozens of Ohio courts are delinquent - sometimes by months or even years - in their responsibility to upload some paperwork.
      Original article can be found here: https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/repo...-database-time

So our communication with the Gov's administration is focused on addressing this issue and ABANDONING the idea that UBC will have any impact on mass shootings or gun violence. A new computer system to facilitate the timely filing of these court documents, which not only relieves some work load from the very backlogged judicial system, but automates the NICS reporting is being discussed. Lets hope we can make some real progress in this direction. A system such as this could be implemented nationwide, helping resolve the same issues around the country. This would have REAL impact, and take a lot of wind out of the anti-gun sails when it comes to UBC legislation. We've been saying for yrs... we don't need new gun laws, we need to enforce the ones we have! So...on that note, let's prosecute the criminals who are dumb enough to TRY AND GET A GUN ANYWAY when they know they are under disability:

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/offi...kground-checks

...another failure of current "gun laws"
      Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

This thread is about how red flag laws will be used to disarm citizens who assert the right to self-defense. They are not intended to do what we are told they are intended to do. Existing laws already provide for every scenario we have been given. If you want, I can list them in detail here when I have time. The specific purpose of red flag laws is to seize firearms without due process. The general purpose is to seize firearms from political opponents and then the population. The article that I referenced exemplifies this. The FBI has not seized ANTIFA’s firearms, but they seized a marine’s firearms for asserting his right to defend family and his country from brown shirt ANTIFA terrorists.

I guess your comment is related in that NICS and its stated purpose (to prevent people who have been convicted of certain crimes from purchasing firearms from federally licensed dealers) is based upon a false narrative that you furthered, i.e., that it will make society safer. It has not and it cannot. Just look at the United Kingdom right now with its knife attack outbreak. Sure, they have less “gun violence” but violence in general went through the roof after they took their citizen’s firearms. The only thing to reduce violence is to use due process and incarcerate those who commit violent acts, and only release those whom can be trusted with firearms, because they will get them no matter what laws are passed or they will commit violent acts without firearms.

NICS can only serve to further the false narrative that firearms themselves are causing people to do evil acts and to create a data trail with which to identify people who have purchased firearms. We know from the WikiLeaks documents that the NSA is scooping up everything and storing it. Computer analysis can certainly be performed to identify who purchased a firearm from what dealer, and dealers must maintain the forms and produce them upon request.

Now, we have San Francisco passing a resolution declaring the NRA a terrorist organization. Membership therein would therefore be a red flag. That is what is coming here if DeWine has his way.

Please read Death by Gun Control (found here: http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/deathgc.htm) if you have not already. The author does a good job at detailing what gun control laws really do based upon history.

And fixing perceived data reporting problems with NICS will not satisfy them because that is not why they are pushing the legislation. Discussing red flag and background check laws and systems with DeWine only plays into the fallacy that those laws and systems are not what they are, i.e., tools of population disarmament. Continued discussions that accepts their false narratives will only encourage more mass shootings.
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

That's what I get for reading multiple threads, then returning from helping customers at the range...then putting a response in my brain on the open page when I return to my desk

I'm not going to move it now, because then your response would confuse the thread Liberty.
          Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

For more information on the roots of red flag laws see: http://www.alt-market.com/index.php/...-of-oppression.

Comment

Good people will do good things with the law.
              Bad people will do bad things with the same law.
              There is a problem. We want a solution. (Something we share with almost everyone, no matter what side of the gun issue they are on)

But a law that does not solve the problem while being abused to take property and rights from those who have done no wrong and are a threat to no one is bad policy and move in the wrong direction.

We will continue to work with anyone and listen to any idea to address the problems of violence and mass killings, but they need to actually solve the problems that exist, without wrongfully denying rights. If it was easy, someone would have already figured it out. It's messy. It's complicated. But I believe a solution exists that works for all sides who want a real solution. (Bloomberg just wants all our guns, as do many others.) One never wins by quitting.

Comment

Working...
              X