DeWine and the 2A...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeWine and the 2A...?

Does the BFA still support DeWine . I think they may have been tricked..like everybody else was.. But have they since made it known they no longer support him..?

Hi Cindy,
    Welcome to BFA forums.

We can't support/oppose legislation until we read and understand it. At this point there is no "DeWine legislation" to read/understand. We will take a position once we see, read, and understand the proposal.

What I can say is that many/most of the media stories are wrong. We base our decisions on facts, not inaccurate media stories.

We, like many others are looking forward to seeing a solid proposal.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jirvine View Post
      Hi Cindy,
      Welcome to BFA forums.

We can't support/oppose legislation until we read and understand it. At this point there is no "DeWine legislation" to read/understand. We will take a position once we see, read, and understand the proposal.

What I can say is that many/most of the media stories are wrong. We base our decisions on facts, not inaccurate media stories.

We, like many others are looking forward to seeing a solid proposal.

Jim
      I dont see how you could support him just based on what he has said he wants to do....? Regardless of weather he is successful or not.
      Last edited by RN Cindy; 09-30-2019, 08:45 AM.

Comment

You did not answer her question Jim. She did not ask if BFA supports particular legislation; she asked if BFA continues to support DeWine. DeWine spoke to the media on several occasions about his support for creating a gun registry (universal background checks) and gun confiscation without due process of law (fed flag laws). One occasion was on August 22, 2019, during the second hour of the Bob Frantz show. A recording of that can be found here: https://whkradio.com/radioshow/469 by scrolling down to that date and clicking on the link. His interview is about half-way through.

I do not need DeWine's actual legislative proposals to decide whether I support him. I know his record, which is consistent with what he has said recently. He lied to all of us in order to get elected. I think we need to make an example of him my making every effort to remove him from office.
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

In other words Cindy, BFA will continue to support Dewine no matter what he and Husted does. BFA is caught with Egg on their face and they are too arrogant to fix it. Their arrogance is more important than the 2nd Amendment or the Bill Of Rights in Ohio. They love playing defense, they don't know how to play offense and get ahead of this crap. They and the NRA is quite similar in many ways.

Welcome to the board, it is a fun time. Looks like you're on the ball. Maybe you can help fix BFA as well. Enjoy.
          I carry a firearm because a cop is too heavy and takes too many breaks.

Montani Semper Liberi - (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

Comment

Originally posted by RN Cindy View Post

I dont see how you could support him just based on what he has said he wants to do....? Regardless of weather he is successful or not.
            Are you talking about what he said, or what the media reported?
            Are you talking about what he said 20 years ago, or 2 months ago?
            Are you talking about what he said 2 months ago, or a revised statement?
            Are you talking about what he said once, or what he said 10 times since?

I'm not really meaning for you to answer all those questions, just giving you a bigger and more accurate frame of mind.
            At the end of the day, we judge actions, not words.
            If we just went on what people say, Hillary Clinton would have been an A. After all she supports the meaning of the Second Amendment or some such nonsense. Truth is she is hostile toward our rights.

As yet, there is no DeWine legislation.
            There are a lot of inaccurate stories in the media.
            We continue to listen and monitor.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by wvriflemannoh View Post
              They love playing defense, they don't know how to play offense and get ahead of this crap.
              This is the "defense" we've played for 20 years.
              https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/ohio...islation-guide

I can't seem to find all your great deeds that shame us in comparison. You know, all the great stuff you've done while we were "playing defense." Can you please post that up again so we can all see and learn from your great accomplishments.

Comment

Are you talking about what he said, or what the media reported?
                Are you talking about what he said 20 years ago, or 2 months ago?
                Are you talking about what he said 2 months ago, or a revised statement?
                Are you talking about what he said once, or what he said 10 times since?

I'm not really meaning for you to answer all those questions, just giving you a bigger and more accurate frame of mind.
                At the end of the day, we judge actions, not words.
                If we just went on what people say, Hillary Clinton would have been an A. After all she supports the meaning of the Second Amendment or some such nonsense. Truth is she is hostile toward our rights.

As yet, there is no DeWine legislation.
                There are a lot of inaccurate stories in the media.
                We continue to listen and monitor.

Jim
                Im talking about most of his 17 point plan...I listened to him lay it out live on the radio (1290WHIO)..with my own 2 ears. The right thing to do would have been to publicly retract support on that day...From what i understand Oct 7 we will find out if he was just pandering to the gun grabbers, or if he really has flipped on us. So will take you advice..and reserve judgement until then. But if he does what he said he would..will BFA then get on the side of law abiding gun owners..and work to block his Legislation.....?

Comment

This is the "defense" we've played for 20 years.
                  https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/ohio...islation-guide

I can't seem to find all your great deeds that shame us in comparison. You know, all the great stuff you've done while we were "playing defense." Can you please post that up again so we can all see and learn from your great accomplishments.
                  Are you really taking credit for bill HB178. LOL

You never even testified in the public testimony during the hearings in
                  the House Federalism Committee THEY HAD 6 TIMES Jim! And don't tell me you did it behind closed doors because one, I don't believe you, how am I suppose to not knowing anything you said on behalf of gun owners? 2. That means nothing when it comes to showing the public what you were exactly fighting for and NOT COMPROMISING ON OUR RIGHTS.
                  LOL, OH, YOU ARE A FUNNY GUY!

25 Years, Tom Brinkman I believe, proposed this bill and you pretty much ignored it. Are you fighting to get it out of the
                  Criminal Justice
                  AS IS, RIGHT NOW, AND TELLING YOUR "FRIENDS" TO PLEASE GET IT OUT OF THERE and send it to the House for a vote?

And to RN Cindy's point. The media SUPPORTS ANY AND ALL GUN CONTROL MEASURES. YOU KNOW THAT! Why would they lie for him? Just shows how you do not deal in reality. Here's part of his plan in his own words. do you agree with it? Is that why you really refuse to revoke your endorsement?

A few days after the mass shooting in Dayton earlier this month, DeWine unveiled a 17-part package of gun proposals and mental health policy changes, which include a “red flag” gun seizure law and background checks for private purchases.

https://radio.wosu.org/post/gov-dewi...hecks#stream/0

Again, The Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits the purchase or possession of firearms by people who have been formally & involuntarily committed to mental health or drug treatment by a court, mental health board, or other legal commission. We already have a 72 hour mental evaluation hold. Why isn't that enforced?

Here's is the 17n point plan from his own state web page. In case you didn't know how to get there to believe what he wants.

https://governor.ohio.gov/wps/portal...media/20190806

Safety Protection Orders. Governor DeWine is asking the legislature to pass a law to allow courts to issue Safety Protection Orders which would remove firearms from potentially dangerous individuals and get them the mental health treatment they need all while maintaining an individual’s right to due process.

Background Checks. Governor DeWine is calling on the Ohio General Assembly to pass a law requiring background checks for all firearms sales in the state of Ohio with certain limited, reasonable exceptions, including gifts between family members.

You can't add so called stalking alone without conviction of a felony and or a domestic abuse which, is already on the books! You can't add warrants or what ever else he wants to add to the NICS because those are not CONVICTIONS OF A CRIME and are TEMPORARY. They would never be removed and you know it. How can you endorse that?

There is NO EXCUSE you can give not to revoke your endorsement from Dewine and Husted based on what they have said and want to do. Why are you protecting your "friends" in Columbus over the Constitution you get paid to fight for?

Is your status and your access to the people that work for us more important than defending our freedoms, liberties and individual rights?

As I said before Jim, they are not your friends, they are POWER HUNGRY, Authoritarian, Totalitarian who want to control people. This has nothing to do with "safety" and you know it! Dewine is a lying thug and you know it.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as you don't revoke your endorsement, I have to believe you agree with Dewine and Husted to destroy, not only the 2A, but the whole Bill of Rights. And these laws Dewine is proposing, do exactly that. .

FIGHT FOR FREEDOM. NOT AUTHORITARIAN ANTI - LIBERTY THUGS.

Comment

So in other words, your achievements are....

That's what I thought.

Comment

So in other words, your achievements are....

That's what I thought.

My achievements Jim, is being consistent in advocating and fighting the way I can for Freedom, Liberty and Protecting Individual rights. At least I'm not selling my soul to the devil so I can keep my status with the corrupt and treasonous politicians.

Go ahead and try to demean me all you want, I can sleep at night for being true to my country and myself. I refuse to surrender to the tyrants like you.

Comment

Originally posted by wvriflemannoh View Post

My achievements Jim, is being consistent in advocating and fighting the way I can for Freedom, Liberty and Protecting Individual rights. At least I'm not selling my soul to the devil so I can keep my status with the corrupt and treasonous politicians.

Go ahead and try to demean me all you want, I can sleep at night for being true to my country and myself. I refuse to surrender to the tyrants like you.
                        Lets wait and see what happens..Probably will find out later today...? .Maybe BFA has been working behind the scenes to keep Dewine from 5hitting on law abiding gun owners and our rights and liberties...

Comment

Originally posted by RN Cindy View Post

Lets wait and see what happens..Probably will find out later today...? .Maybe BFA has been working behind the scenes to keep Dewine from 5hitting on law abiding gun owners and our rights and liberties...
                          I appreciate your optimism Cindy, but the BFA has been working behind the scenes for decades and put out morsels to appease gun owners while telling us for 19 years of their existence that Constitutional Carry, that has been fought for 25 years one time or another, was a dead issue and you had to be nuts to think it would ever have a chance of getting passed in Ohio. In other words, they weren’t even going to to try because if the dumb ole hick gun owners are too stupid to understand what they so Arrogantly do.

I’m not as convinced, optimistic or trusting as you. But you do what you need to do.

Comment

Working...
                          X