Backstabbing Ohio GOP at it again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backstabbing Ohio GOP at it again

Not one of these proposals will save a life, they will not stop killers, an enhanced NICS system is already in place in states like Maryland, CA, IL, etc., they still have Mass Shootings and it only expands the authority and centralized national database of gun owners. This is treachery at its finest. This does nothing but make it easier to make gun owners felons one little slip at a time. We now know that both parties are more interested in making more felons than protecting our rights, liberties and freedoms.

Two Republican lawmakers are proposing to streamline Ohio’s background check system and make those accused of violence and stalking ineligible for certain guns. Proposal would not close gun show loophole, though.

Two Republican lawmakers unveiled a slate of proposals Monday intended to tighten up Ohio’s system of performing background checks for gun buyers and to create “pink slips” that could be used to require those diagnosed with moderate to severe substance abuse problems to get inpatient treatment.

Reps. D.J. Swearingen of Huron and Phil Plummer of Dayton made the proposals as state leaders try to respond to a mass shooting Aug. 4 in Dayton that killed nine. The massacre took place hours after another in El Paso, Texas, that killed 22.

The Republican lawmakers’ proposals would not require those buying guns in private transactions or at gun shows to undergo background checks, but they would streamline the reporting system and they would disqualify some people under indictment or subject to restraining orders from passing the checks.

Also, they would double the length of time before people with violent juvenile records could wipe them clean. Plummer, a former Montgomery County sheriff, said that would mean people with such records couldn’t pass a background check until they turned 28, thus keeping some guns out of the hands of the demographic group most likely to engage in a mass shooting.

https://www.dispatch.com/news/201909...ents?nocache=1

I carry a firearm because a cop is too heavy and takes too many breaks.

Montani Semper Liberi - (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

Here we go again. This has some of the same stuff that went into HB 203 right after DeWine was elected AG and started a "gun violence commission." The bills are HB 351 and HB 354. If enacted, HB 354 would make instant felons of thousands of citizens, trigger mass confiscation of firearms from people who have had their rights restored by automatic restoration through Ohio law, and possibly trigger a civil war.

HB 354 would create a database of every citizen who is legally prohibited from owning a firearm in Ohio, while at the same time, greatly expanding the category of citizens who cannot possess a firearm, and law enforcement would be required to go and confiscate firearms from all of those people. With all of the fear right now about mass gun confiscation and subsequent totalitarian rule and starvation like in Venezuela, if law enforcement starts going to thousands of homes confiscating firearms and rounding up the people who have them, some of those people will fight back--and we may have a civil war on our hands.
    Last edited by liberty; 10-08-2019, 12:45 PM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Absolutely right Liberty.

BTW, I want to say thank for your real fight for the cause. I would hope we would be hearing these Same arguments from a Jim Irvine but you never do. Well, months after it's too late in a news e-mail. lol

Love your name also. We need more "Liberty" fighters more than ever now. Keep up the good fight for the cause. Maybe some day Jim will join us. If he can ever shed that wolf's clothing. LOL

Comment

Would BFA please tell us if it supports HB 354 that would take away the 2nd Amendment rights of thousands of Ohioans who have previously had them restored, and then place them on a newly created list and send it to the federal government.
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms**disarm only those who [don't] commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides." - Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

I heard REAL Stand Your Ground law was being introduced by Rep Hood and some one else also again. You think BFA will fight for that?

I like the idea of playing more offense. Glad someone is trying to do it at least.

Comment

Originally posted by wvriflemannoh View Post
            [
            I like the idea of playing more offense. Glad someone is trying to do it at least. [
            I don't understand what you are mean by this.

Comment

Originally posted by liberty View Post
              I don't understand what you are mean by this.
              Attack with pro 2nd Amendment bills. Put all the politicians back on the record of consistently being against or for the 2nd Amendment. Give them either a REAL bad Record or, a Real Good Record. Something the BFA never understood. Evidently still don’t.

Hopefully the good bills will get through re-establishing our Rights.

Comment

Working...
              X