Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silence?

Where did everyone go?

The Silence from Jim and BFA is deafening. Shows you how much they support their buddy Politicians more than our state, country, Constitution and our individual rights. It would seem they are being exposed with every new Pro-2A law that is being put forward in the State House. Unless they engineered it of course.
    I carry a firearm because a cop is too heavy and takes too many breaks.

Montani Semper Liberi - (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

On vacation... just got back from the coast yesterday. Camping on an island in the OBX surf fishing. Back in the office now and sorting through the backlog...
    Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      On vacation... just got back from the coast yesterday. Camping on an island in the OBX surf fishing. Back in the office now and sorting through the backlog...
      Hope you had a blast...Sounded like it would be... I would love to do something like that sometime...

Comment

I'm out on that island once or twice a yr. It's one of the last places you can drive on the beach and overnight camp in the dunes...

Attached Files
        Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Hope you had a good time.

Are you saying you're the only one who moderates this site?

Comment

Pretty much...had one or two others helping but they left. One of the old admins still has permissions, but he rarely stops in any more.

Comment

Considering the restriction set up on here, I understand why. It Is hard to sustain a conversation on here. I've never seen a format like this one. Others have filters where certain words are blocked but you don't need permission for every other post for any reason. Plus, I don't get E-Mail Notifications on any posts I'm following. I have to come here to find any if there are any.

Why is BFA doing this? When I started here 10 years ago it wasn't this restrictive. What changed?

Comment

Originally posted by wvriflemannoh View Post
                Considering the restriction set up on here, I understand why. It Is hard to sustain a conversation on here. I've never seen a format like this one. Others have filters where certain words are blocked but you don't need permission for every other post for any reason. Plus, I don't get E-Mail Notifications on any posts I'm following. I have to come here to find any if there are any.

Why is BFA doing this? When I started here 10 years ago it wasn't this restrictive. What changed?
                I think you can go in your settings and turn on email notifications. I have mine turned off, i prefer to look for them here and keep forum stuff out of my email.

Comment

Pretty much...had one or two others helping but they left. One of the old admins still has permissions, but he rarely stops in any more.
                  Thank you for keeping it going.. I joined up here hoping maybe to get the inside track on what BFA was up to.. what/who they supported and didnt, etc. That didnt really pan out..all you get is a bunch of ...maybe/will see/slippery /mumbo jumbo/bla..bla..bla... I think waiting to see what their handlers want... but .. i do still learn some here..and enjoy what conversation there is...

Comment

Originally posted by wvriflemannoh View Post

wvrifleman...I have the admin settings configured so that any post with more than two links (typical spam posts have multiple) embedded in the body of the post need approved. All of your posts that I have to "approve" have multiple hyperlinks in them... it is NOT "every other post for any reason". I shut OFF the "word filter" feature a while back because it was stopping too many posts from going through instantly (even tho the only words I had listed to block were in foreign languages). I have not revisited that feature to experiment with it since. I may, at some point, go back and figure out how to use that feature effectively.

As for email notifications, go to the upper right hand corner of the page and hit the drop down showing your profile is logged in, select the third option "user settings", then select the fourth tab called "notifications" and turn on email notifications and auto-subscription. I included a screenshot of the page below.

Additionally,
                    "BFA" is not "doing this"...Aaron is doing this! For his sanity and time management When I got the new forums up and running, I was spending multiple hrs every day dealing with spam accounts and posts. This is how I got it under control...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RN Cindy View Post

Thank you for keeping it going.. I joined up here hoping maybe to get the inside track on what BFA was up to.. what/who they supported and didnt, etc. That didnt really pan out..all you get is a bunch of ...maybe/will see/slippery /mumbo jumbo/bla..bla..bla... I think waiting to see what their handlers want... but .. i do still learn some here..and enjoy what conversation there is...
                      Thanks for your appreciation! It is sometimes a thankless job...

So, as far as the "who we support" you can get that in our voters guide every election cycle. I am on the endorsement committee, and I can tell you there will be some judicial candidate endorsements forthcoming! Look for those to start rolling out next week... I will post them in here once they are finalized. It is a tough job dealing with the endorsement process, and the backlash from it Again, it can be a thankless job, but someone has got to do it.

Regarding the legislative side of things, I am NOT on the legislative committee. That being said, I do believe the process is certainly not perfect, and in my opinion, has room for much needed improvement. That has been a topic of much debate among our leadership of late...

The idea that BFA is "waiting to see what their handlers want..." is most certainly not the case.

Comment

wvrifleman...I have the admin settings configured so that any post with more than two links (typical spam posts have multiple) embedded in the body of the post need approved. All of your posts that I have to "approve" have multiple hyperlinks in them... it is NOT "every other post for any reason". I shut OFF the "word filter" feature a while back because it was stopping too many posts from going through instantly (even tho the only words I had listed to block were in foreign languages). I have not revisited that feature to experiment with it since. I may, at some point, go back and figure out how to use that feature effectively.

As for email notifications, go to the upper right hand corner of the page and hit the drop down showing your profile is logged in, select the third option "user settings", then select the fourth tab called "notifications" and turn on email notifications and auto-subscription. I included a screenshot of the page below.

Additionally,
                        "BFA" is not "doing this"...Aaron is doing this! For his sanity and time management When I got the new forums up and running, I was spending multiple hrs every day dealing with spam accounts and posts. This is how I got it under control...
                        So, this isn’t right? If it is, I’m still not getting notifications.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9DDD409B-3523-458B-8C45-87AA581A5CE9.png
Views:	1
Size:	356.8 KB
ID:	125034

Comment

Try checking the box that says "Automatic Subscriptions"...

Not sure why you aren't getting them. I can check and make sure your email address on your profile is showing up correctly in the Admin portal if this doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                          X