Trump was Pro-2A. Not so much...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump was Pro-2A. Not so much...

I voted for President Trump in 2016 and in 2020. I am proud of that.

But he did NOTHING for 2A groups. He did nothing for the Gun Lobby (me). In fact, he did some minor damage: his EO banning Bump Fire Stocks.

I liked his other policies, but gun owners got ZERO from his 4 years.

Change my mind.

Not going to try to change your mind, but I will say that Congress never provided him with any pro-gun legislation to sign. There's not much he could have legitimately done without a bill on his desk.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Comment

Gentleman can disagree.

Your right about a Pro-2A bill NOT making it to his desk.

a Pro-2A EO could have happened, but did not.

Best regards.

Comment

You’re not wrong. In fact, Remember in November 2019, Trump’s ATF Said NO to Vertical Grips on AR Pistols

Bump stocks, AA-12 shotguns..

Trump supports Universal Background Checks, raising the age to 21 for ALL gun sales, Supports Red Flag laws that destroys the Bill Of Rights, wants to stop 3-D printing for homemade Firearms and supports the TAPS Act that also destroys due process that he demanded during his impeachment ( rightly so, I might add) and THE BILL OF RIGHTS.....

National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012, Pub.L. 112–81. This NDAA contains several controversial sections (see article), the chief being §§ 1021–1022, which affirm provisions authorizing the indefinite military detention of civilians, including U.S. citizens, without habeas corpus or due process, contained in the Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF)

Trump reauthorized it 4 times with this unconstitutional wording in it. Not to mention the Patriot Act reauthorization Trump signed that Biden is using with the Jan 6th suspects that still are in prison now with no charges or charges of just TRESPASSING.

Trump was good for the economy but on many other things he’s a NYC Democrat. Why more people can’t see that is very ominous.

TRUMP HAS NEVER PULLED BACK ON ANY OF THESE THINGS HE’S ACTUALLY SAID OR HAD HIS ATF DO.

Originally posted by Soylent Green View Post
        I voted for President Trump in 2016 and in 2020. I am proud of that.

But he did NOTHING for 2A groups. He did nothing for the Gun Lobby (me). In fact, he did some minor damage: his EO banning Bump Fire Stocks.

I liked his other policies, but gun owners got ZERO from his 4 years.

Change my mind.
        I carry a firearm because a cop is too heavy and takes too many breaks.

Montani Semper Liberi - (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

Comment

Thank you WVriflemanoh.

Comment

I wonder if he didn't think there would be 4 more yrs to do some good on the 2A front...

It is sad that the other side pushes their agenda whenever they have power, and when "our side" takes the helm, it is so much status quo :-(
            Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison, Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Working...
            X