Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max got his first deer this past season...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max got his first deer this past season...

It's official, all of my children have now joined the ranks of "successful deer hunters"

Maxwell got his first deer during the Youth Season. He put a 130yd shot on this buck using my .375WIN, poked one right in the boiler room and we watched him go down. Exciting hunt, and my 13yr old has the bug now!
    Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
    Federalist Paper No 10

Congrats Max! My daughter is 11 and got her first deer this year too. Nothing like getting the kids into the outdoors!
    Joel
    NRA Certified Instructor,Member and Recruiter
    Centerburg Conservation Club Trustee
    CCC Range committee and Lake committee
    Second Call Defense Recruiter

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=nranews

Comment

Yup...this was his third season hunting deer and we finally made it happen.
      Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
      Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

It took me and Abby 3 seasons also. She came close a few times and we got skunked quite a bit too. Finally came together in October, doe at 20 yards with the crossbow and perfect shot. Something really special about hunting and fishing with the kids!

PS... I tried to upload a photo from my iPhone and got an error message that I was logged off and had to log back on to continue and it wouldn’t let me upload the photo.
        Joel
        NRA Certified Instructor,Member and Recruiter
        Centerburg Conservation Club Trustee
        CCC Range committee and Lake committee
        Second Call Defense Recruiter

If you like guns, click here! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=nranews

Comment

Yes, hunting with the kids has really been rewarding for me. Though frustrating at times as well. Max dropped his rifle muzzle first into the mud on the way to the stand that day. I sent him back to the truck and had him put his Henry away, and grab my Marlin. As it turned out, he would not have made the 130 yd shot with his .45 Long Colt and open sights. My .375 WIN and the Nikon BDC saved the day. I told him the entire hunt went exactly the way it was supposed to...including the mud in his barrel part. I would have forced him to watch that deer walk out of the field otherwise!

I haven't tried uploading anything from my phone yet. I'll look into it...

James Madison,,
          Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
            It's official, all of my children have now joined the ranks of "successful deer hunters"

Maxwell got his first deer during the Youth Season. He put a 130yd shot on this buck using my .375WIN, poked one right in the boiler room and we watched him go down. Exciting hunt, and my 13yr old has the bug now!
            Congrats Max! Welcome to the World of Hunters!

It's really nice to know that at young age Max got his hunting Trophy. For me, teaching or encouraging kids to hunt is very advantageous.

Of course, they must undergo proper training and orientation about legalities, pros and cons, etc... specially the proper firearms to use. I got this article from a good site and I think using this kind of rifle or Pellet Gun for hunting is suitable for Kids. Check this out: https://gunnewsdaily.com/best-pellet-gun/.

Again, Hail to Max!

Comment

That's a nice article...

I have two Gamo air rifles. We are going to start hunting squirrel with the .22

James Madison,,
              Federalist Paper No 10

Comment

Working...
              X