Lee Load Master [sold]

Buy, Sell and Trade Gear, Ammo and More.
Forum rules
Be sure to read the stickies on the forum index with respect to the sales, tradiing, etc., of firearms and serialized components, which is generally forbidden. Please read viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12519 first.
851-125

Lee Load Master [sold]

Post by 851-125 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:13 am

$100 OBO + $15 shipping

I have a Lee Load Master progressive press for sale. I am trying to sell it for a variety of reasons.

1) It is too much for the amount of reloading I do.
2) The auto primer feeder has broken and will need replaced by a potential buyer.
3) The "perfect" powder measure was automated and the pull chain that made it automatic has broken. The powder measure itself is in good condition. Will need fixed or replaced by a potential buyer.

Purchase will include:
1)Lee Load Master Press
2)3 Shell Plates 9mm, .223 , 30-06
3)Instruction Manual
4)Lee "Perfect Powder Measure" (mountable to press in die slot.)

I am not guaranteeing it has all the parts included, but I'm pretty sure it does. The thing is in great condition.

Will need a pistol metering insert if you want to reload pistol ammunition.

Product video and part replacement http://leeprecision.com/reloading-press ... ing-press/

The thing got to be frustrating to me so I am selling it to get a more basic press.
I tried to upload a picture, but it wouldn't come up. If interested send me a PM and I will email a picture to you.
Last edited by SMMAssociates on Mon May 16, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mark the topic "Sold".

SMMAssociates
Site Admin

Re: Lee Load Master

Post by SMMAssociates » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:09 am

851-125:

(How do you pronounce that? :D)

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that you should have a look at, but it's not mandatory. Might be sleep inducing, though.... (Just the first couple pages unless you're really into pain.)

I bought a Dillon 650 a couple years ago. I feel for your problems! The Dillon is a serious press, but the manual apparently was written by somebody who'd set up a dozen of them, and while there are pictures, drawings, and text, DIY brain surgery might be simpler.... No other complaints, though, except that making it versatile means that another caliber (i.e., add 9mm to .45ACP) requires all kinds of new parts, and at least 30 minutes to set the press up again, although if you buy a (another) die holder, case holder plate, and a few other things (like the powder feed) it's pretty easy. (I cheaped out on the automatic case feeder - $200 or thereabouts, and another few bucks for a case sorting plate per caliber.) It would probably have made more sense to buy two or three of the cheaper Lee presses. But I saved some space :D....

I don't think too much of the Lee products, but the price is right, and if you're a little handy with the mechanical repair side, probably a good way to go. (Now they tell me :mrgreen: .)

IAC, your price should get some attention. I think it's a little low....

You might want to post your location, too. Some of the gang will go about anywhere to save $15 :)....

Meantime, stick around - you can ask, for example, what press(es) might be good for your needs, and for other meaningful data. Lots of reloaders on board here, with various presses, and one or two of us know what we're doing :D.... (I'm not one of those.)

Regards,
Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם

851-125

Post by 851-125 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:13 pm

I am in the Columbus area for anyone wanting to save $15. :wink: I think it would be a good press for someone new to reloading that is a little mechanically inclined or somebody with a basic press looking to increase output.

SMMAssociates
Site Admin

Post by SMMAssociates » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:51 am

I can't afford the drive :D.... My little sister, one of her kids, the kid's wife, and his three children, not to mention a strange little dog and my sister's ex, his current wife, and a daughter that sprang up somehow.

Then there's my daughter's apartment. Two full flights of stairs to get inside, and one more full flight up to the bathroom. I'm not quite 70 and seriously out of shape. Can't stay there :D.... Guess I could stay at my sister's, but she often has her spare bedrooms rented out.... That leaves a real nice hotel near the airport, but it's very expensive and.... :D

BUT we do have a lot of members in the Columbus area. Somebody should be able to jump in on this.

Regards,
Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם

whitefeathersnpr

Post by whitefeathersnpr » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:06 am

851-125 wrote:$100 OBO + $15 shipping

I have a Lee Load Master progressive press for sale. I am trying to sell it for a variety of reasons.

1) It is too much for the amount of reloading I do.
2) The auto primer feeder has broken and will need replaced by a potential buyer.
3) The "perfect" powder measure was automated and the pull chain that made it automatic has broken. The powder measure itself is in good condition. Will need fixed or replaced by a potential buyer.

Purchase will include:
1)Lee Load Master Press
2)3 Shell Plates 9mm, .223 , 30-06
3)Instruction Manual
4)Lee "Perfect Powder Measure" (mountable to press in die slot.)

I am not guaranteeing it has all the parts included, but I'm pretty sure it does. The thing is in great condition.

Will need a pistol metering insert if you want to reload pistol ammunition.

Product video and part replacement http://leeprecision.com/reloading-press ... ing-press/

The thing got to be frustrating to me so I am selling it to get a more basic press.
I tried to upload a picture, but it wouldn't come up. If interested send me a PM and I will email a picture to you.
Interested, pm sent

SMMAssociates
Site Admin

Post by SMMAssociates » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:55 am

whitefeathersnpr:

Welcome Aboard!

There's a sticky at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10097 that you should have a look at, but it's not mandatory. Might be sleep inducing, though.... (Just the first couple pages unless you're really into pain.)

Hope you enjoy that press if you guys can make a deal. I'm a little behind on my reloading chores right now, but it was worth the cost. If not, well, I hope you find another deal. Just IMHO, but there usually is a little savings there, and it's fun to buy more toys :D....

Meantime, we have some serious reloaders on board here, and you should be able to get questions answered. And, of course, any comments you may have will also be welcomed.

Regards,
Stu

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

יזכר לא עד פעם

whitefeathersnpr

Post by whitefeathersnpr » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:42 am

SMMAssociates wrote:whitefeathersnpr:

Welcome Aboard!

Hope you enjoy that press if you guys can make a deal. I'm a little behind on my reloading chores right now, but it was worth the cost. If not, well, I hope you find another deal. Just IMHO, but there usually is a little savings there, and it's fun to buy more toys :D....

Meantime, we have some serious reloaders on board here, and you should be able to get questions answered. And, of course, any comments you may have will also be welcomed.

Regards,
Stu:

Thanks, I have been a long time member over at Ohio CCW Forum, but obviously no posts here until now. I look forward to participating in this forum.

J.

autobahn

Post by autobahn » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:28 pm

I will take it if its still for sale! I sent you a P.M.

851-125

Post by 851-125 » Mon May 16, 2016 8:23 pm

This item was sold. Topic can be removed.