Columbus mayor proposes new city gun laws..

Discuss gun rights in Ohio, coordinate activism and learn who the pro gun lawmakers are and how to support them.

Moderators: WileyCoyote, Viking

Brian D.

Columbus mayor proposes new city gun laws..

Post by Brian D. » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:15 pm

And good old toothless Ohio Revised Code 9.68, so-called preemption, crafted nearby by our Statehouse squishes a few years ago, may not be able to stop him. Way to go, Ohio General Assembly!
"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09

color of law

Re: Columbus mayor proposes new city gun laws..

Post by color of law » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:36 pm

What next sanctuary city?

ConnorGoodwolf

Post by ConnorGoodwolf » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:08 am

Brian D. wrote:And good old toothless Ohio Revised Code 9.68, so-called preemption, crafted nearby by our Statehouse squishes a few years ago, may not be able to stop him. Way to go, Ohio General Assembly!
Care to elaborate?

color of law

Post by color of law » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:06 pm

ConnorGoodwolf wrote:
Brian D. wrote:And good old toothless Ohio Revised Code 9.68, so-called preemption, crafted nearby by our Statehouse squishes a few years ago, may not be able to stop him. Way to go, Ohio General Assembly!
Care to elaborate?
I believe Brian D. means that 9.68 has no teeth. Unlike Kentucky, it's a slap on the wrist, may pay attorney's fees.
In Kentucky a violation can land a public servant in jail. See KRS 65.870. I believe that is what Brian D. meant by his statement.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:07 pm

Been unable to post here, board kept logging me out. But yes, color of Law interpreted my statement correctly: States such as Kentucky and Florida have preemption with enforcement teeth.
"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:27 am

Brian D. wrote:Been unable to post here, board kept logging me out. But yes, color of Law interpreted my statement correctly: States such as Kentucky and Florida have preemption with enforcement teeth.

The new software is purchased, and tech guys are working on the new forums as we speak. All the little technical issues with this old phpBB board will be gone soon enough :wink:
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:53 pm

Well, Columbus and Cincinnati got (politely, painlessly) smacked down by judges so far, in their attempts to ignore ORC 9.68.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:52 pm

Aaron wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Been unable to post here, board kept logging me out. But yes, color of Law interpreted my statement correctly: States such as Kentucky and Florida have preemption with enforcement teeth.

The new software is purchased, and tech guys are working on the new forums as we speak. All the little technical issues with this old phpBB board will be gone soon enough :wink:
Almost two weeks since you stated that, and the glitches are still happening, although not as frequently.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09

color of law

Post by color of law » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:42 pm

Brian D. wrote:
Aaron wrote:

Almost two weeks since you stated that, and the glitches are still happening, although not as frequently.
Brian, don't hold your breath.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:18 pm

If this post shows up, I'll be surprised.

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09