Never reloaded before

Handloading and Ammunition topics

Moderators: NRAInstructor, Rich 2.0

willbird

Re: Never reloaded before

Post by willbird » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:14 pm

Ken45 wrote:But how much difference will 5 or 10 grains of powder make with a 240 or 300 gr bullet?
I recall he was loading 357 magnum, but not what bullet weight, but 5 grains more would be 4.5% of a 110 grain bullet.
America NO LONGER held hostage by ZERO the lying dictator.......:-)

Ohio, a government of the unions, by the unions, for the unions

paazig

Post by paazig » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Back to topic a bit ...
I recently bought a Hornady Classic kit. It had most everything to get started. I bought a few more items like a tumbler, dies sets, etc.
Before I considered doing this I found a person in Columbus who advertises NRA Metallic reloading classes on the NRA site. It was a good class and was what I needed to get me started. Oh, and I almost forgot, I didn't know it at the time but Hornady has a special deal this year for near free bullets when you buy certain items.
NRA Life Member / BFA/BFF Supporter / OFCC Member
------------------------------------------------------------------
Inspire some and you'll annoy others. I strive to do both.
------------------------------------------------------------------

wam35

Post by wam35 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:02 pm

paazig wrote:Back to topic a bit ...
I recently bought a Hornady Classic kit. It had most everything to get started. I bought a few more items like a tumbler, dies sets, etc.
Before I considered doing this I found a person in Columbus who advertises NRA Metallic reloading classes on the NRA site. It was a good class and was what I needed to get me started. Oh, and I almost forgot, I didn't know it at the time but Hornady has a special deal this year for near free bullets when you buy certain items.
Thanks for the info. I am going to check out their site.
Bill,
Work to live, Live for your Family
Proud husband and parent.
NRA Member
NRA Training Counselor
SAFTD Regional Master Instructor
Buckeye Firearms Defender

http://www.defensivetrainingsolutions.com/
http://www.defensivetrainingsolutions.com/shop

dl645

Post by dl645 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:55 pm

paazig wrote:Back to topic a bit ...
The Hornady deal one of the reasons I got the Progressive LnL a year and a half ago. At the time it was 1,000 bullets with the purchase of the press. I think it's down to 500 now. Not sure how much I've loaded since then but it's at least 20,000 rds of various calibers. Mainly .45 & 9mm but some .38 and .40.
Dale