New Prospective Instructor Students

A bastion for purveyors of knowledge and safety. Training and class info. Shooting Match Listings.

Moderator: glockfanjohn

Forum rules
The presence of an ad for services here, such as, but not limited to, Concealed Carry classes, does not imply that the BFA endorses, supports, or has vetted the instructor, agency, course, or content. See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8028 for more.

Please refer to he Class/Event Posting Rules at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16733.
Engineer Bill

New Prospective Instructor Students

Post by Engineer Bill » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:20 am

FYI: The NRA now requires prospective Instructor students to have taken the NRA Basic Class prior to taking the NRA Basic Instructor Class. Proof will be providing the NRA Certificate for the Basic Student Class. No exceptions.

Sincerely,
Bill
Life/Benefactor NRA member, NRA Training Counselor, NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Recruiter; NRA RTBAV Instructor, Varmint Hunters Association member

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: New Prospective Instructor Students

Post by Aaron » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:33 pm

I think it's about time for that too!
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

JustaShooter

Post by JustaShooter » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:08 pm

For new, inexperienced instructors, I agree. But since the entire student curriculum is presented during the instructor course, there should be a way for an instructor experienced in that discipline to forego the additional time and expense of taking the student class.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:41 pm

Hello? Can you hear me now? Sorry, just testing, this board hasn't had new posts in almost a week. Thought new software was coming on line?
"I have decided not to vote, speak in public, assemble in groups or petition my government either directly or by writing to the newspapers.

Some ignorant person may become alarmed, and we can't have that.''

--CAR15A2, 3/31/09

CCCJT

Post by CCCJT » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:34 pm

Does this include the online course or the instructor led only?
CCCJT

NRA Lifetime Member